• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 6,996 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 07:09 PM

Just an FYI- the bonfire at Dreams will be fun, but if they are referring to the fire pit at the Barracuda Bar/ Barracuda Beach area, it's a small-ish fire pit with rocks around the outside and a gas flame in the middle- probably less than 6 feet across. Fun, yes- impressive as the Riu bonfire- not nearly. We debated doing this, especially since the Barracuda bar is right there, and we could have done a fun dinner- but we just decided we would want something more formal. I'm looking forward to seeing someone actually do it there though!

#22 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
    • 4,979 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 07:53 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by AQHARIDER
      Just an FYI- the bonfire at Dreams will be fun, but if they are referring to the fire pit at the Barracuda Bar/ Barracuda Beach area, it's a small-ish fire pit with rocks around the outside and a gas flame in the middle- probably less than 6 feet across. Fun, yes- impressive as the Riu bonfire- not nearly. We debated doing this, especially since the Barracuda bar is right there, and we could have done a fun dinner- but we just decided we would want something more formal. I'm looking forward to seeing someone actually do it there though!
      Oh good to know, thanks! I haven't seen the Riu bonfire, so I guess I won't be disappointed! lol. I'm not concerned about it being a big impressive spectical though, I just want it to be more casual. Thanks for the heads up. It's tough to imagine how it's set up - but I'll check it out in August and take lots of pictures! :)
      Happily Married since May 9, 2008
      Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#23 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 6,996 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 08:05 PM

I'm not saying that it's not nice (we debated doing it!), it just doesn't compare to the Riu- I wanted to make sure you weren't expecting that! Actually it probably would be really nice with the Barracuda bar right there with it's swing benches- so cute!

#24 Martha

Martha
        • VIP Member
        • 3,906 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 09:42 PM

We are paying for everything ourselves. I figured my in-laws and parents are paying enough just in travel expenses....and, I am sure they are going to have to end up helping our siblings with travel also.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users