Photo

what to do with rings day of wedding

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#11 Geralyn

Geralyn
  • 2,677 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 10:23 PM

I moved my e-ring to my right hand before the ceremony and then after the ceremony I moved it back to my left hand

#12 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 8,569 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 10:26 PM

I have also heard of girls just wearing the e ring and then have the groom put the wedding band on, then as soon as the ceremony is over flipping them so that the wedding band is closest to your heart.

#13 michellepicksbrent

michellepicksbrent
      • 1,448 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 10:29 PM

I'm glad this question was posted as I was wondering the same thing myself!!

#14 ~Debra~

~Debra~
        • 500 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 12:52 AM

I also moved my e-ring to my right hand before the ceremony and after the ceremony I moved it back to the left hand.

#15 Barbo

Barbo
          • 51 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 01:19 PM

My left ring finger is half a size smaller!! So it wouldn't be too bad just to keep the e-ring on and then flip them after the ceremony, would it? Hopefully the officiant doesn't make an issue of it. Plus, were any of your hands sweaty and puffy, I'm worried I wouldn't get it off! lol Or if I managed to pull it off it'd go flying into the sand! lol

#16 KittenHeart

KittenHeart
            • 3,103 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 01:24 PM

HAHA, I'm so glad this came up! I didn't even think about it... or know :)

#17 whitechocolate

whitechocolate
              • 127 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 10:23 PM

I vote for wearing the e-ring on your right hand and switching it back to the left after the ceremony. If your fingers are different sizes, I don't think anyone would care or notice if you had your e-ring on your left hand during the ceremony and flipped it and the band afterwards. Maybe mention it to the officiant ahead of time so they don't make a big deal about it - "I'm worried about my ring falling off if it's on the other hand, so I'm keeping it on my left!" Done :)

#18 weddingchick

weddingchick
                • 1,052 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 10:59 PM

Thanks for posting on this topic. I was wondering the same thing.

#19 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
                  • 5,649 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 11:04 PM

I wore my e-ring on my right hand up to and during the ceremony until DH put my wedding band on during the ceremony, then immediately after the ring exchange, I put my e-ring above my wedding band. I've always heard that wedding band stays closest to your heart (and this is how I wear them) but I know that some girls prefer to have their band above their e-ring. Either way is fine, it's a matter of personal preference really. :)

#20 ashly87

ashly87
                    • 120 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 09:59 PM

my right hand "ring finger" is also a little bigger than the left, which makes it a little difficult to get on and off with ease. I'm probably going to leave my e-ring on my left hand and just switch the wedding band and e-ring after the ceremony.
                      "I know nothing with any certainty but the sight of stars makes me dream" - Vincent Van Goh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users