what to do with rings day of wedding

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#1 tammikins

tammikins
  • 71 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 12:20 PM

Hi Everyone
    So I'm a wedding neanderthal - my wedding will be the first wedding I will have attended since I was about 3 years old (and I wasn't paying attention when I was 3!).

Anyways... I was reading those wedding "to do" lists and for the day of the wedding it says to put your engagement ring on your right hand. Can someone explain the whole process of the ring migration to me? (that is, both rings) as I'm so confused!

Sorry, I guess I sound really dumb now. But I really appreciate you ladies clearing this up for me!

#2 mich999

mich999
    • 386 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 12:28 PM

You wear your engagement ring on the ring finger of your right hand. As far as I know there is no ceremony for slipping your engagement ring back onto your right hand.

After the ceremony is done I just slipped my engagement ring back onto my left hand next to your wedding band and wa la - you're ready for pictures Mrs.!

#3 azulskies

azulskies
      • 1,131 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 01:27 PM

This is helpful for me too! Thanks!

#4 **TIFFANY**

**TIFFANY**
        • 343 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 08:02 PM

Good question! What did you past brides do?

#5 jenninjamaica

jenninjamaica
          • 547 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 09:10 PM

I'm so glad that other people have these questions too! I don't feel like such a girl failure!! HA HA!
            *~*JENN*~*

#6 shankd

shankd
            • 272 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 09:15 PM

so just to be clear the "mariage" ring is closet to the heart then the engagement ring?

#7 **TIFFANY**

**TIFFANY**
              • 343 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 09:25 PM

Yes, typically your wedding band would go first and then your e-ring. Unless you have two bands in which case one would go on each side of the e-ring.

#8 Sammy_U

Sammy_U
                • 16 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 09:34 PM

We were just talking about this... I am weary of taking my e-ring off at all --- so wearing it on my right hand let's me wear it ---- and go forward with getting my wedding band... effortlessly.

#9 EDSROSA

EDSROSA
                  • 510 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 09:39 PM

LOL I was wondering the same thing. When we went shopping for our wedding bands the girl had to explain everything to me!!

#10 Jamaica0619

Jamaica0619
                    • 475 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 10:01 PM

I actually forgot to shift my e-ring to my right hand. So, I had to take it off during the ceremony, held it while my DH put on my band, and then I just slide my e-ring back on. It really wasn't a big deal. Actually, my DH and I were not sure why the officient made an issue of it. My band is contoured to fit around my e-ring and he could have just slid it on during the ceremony and I could have reversed the rings after the ceremony.
                      Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend. ~ Albert Camas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users