becks

VIP

• VIP Member
  • 4,881 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
  • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
  • LocationNew York

Posted 29 July 2009 - 01:30 PM

Gorgeous dress Cara! I got mine hemmed for my heels, but then ended up barefoot pretty much the whole time. I figured it would drag a bit in the sand during the ceremony, but it had a train anyway, so what was a little more?

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#12 NJ Hunnie

NJ Hunnie
  • 436 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 01:35 PM

it's gorgeous!!

#13 BethBride1

BethBride1
    • 106 posts
    • Wedding Date:July 1, 2010
    • Wedding Location:Barcelo Maya Palace

Posted 30 July 2009 - 03:59 PM

That is hysterical. Definately fate! It is gorgeous!!!

#14 *Meagan*

*Meagan*
    • 5,521 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 04:09 PM

Oh my it is totally meant to be!!!!! it is gorgeous!!! you have to get it!!!

#15 CaraW

CaraW
      • 346 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 09:29 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by becks
        Gorgeous dress Cara! I got mine hemmed for my heels, but then ended up barefoot pretty much the whole time. I figured it would drag a bit in the sand during the ceremony, but it had a train anyway, so what was a little more?
        Hey Becks!!!
        Thank you!!! :)
        That's a good point actually. I might do that also. I really would love a cute pair of purple heels under the dress for photos, or some pretty/fun color, but for the beach and the reception I might want to be barefoot or wear flip flops most of the time. And it has a train so it's already dragging!! :)

So you guys think it's ok for the beach even though it's got all that beading at the bottom?
        We might not even have a beach ceremony, we might have it in the gazebo, but if we choose the beach, then I need to make sure my dress is up for that!

#16 Brenda&Jeff09

Brenda&Jeff09
        • 220 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 09:37 AM

It's gorgeous!!! And since it found it's way to you several times... I would say that's a sign that it needed to be yours!!!
          http://tickers.Ticke....2315/event.png

22 booked... we're ready to go!!!

#17 *Karla*

*Karla*
          • 4,854 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 03:15 PM

That is a beautiful dress!

#18 islandbride317

islandbride317
            • 1,866 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 06:58 PM

Sooooo gorgeous, Cara! CONGRATS -- it seems that the universe WANTS you to wear this dress, as it keep reappearing in your life again and again! I am a big believer in reading "signs" and I think all of these signs are shouting, "Buy me! Wear ME! I AM YOUR WEDDING DRESS!!!"

I also think it's totally appropriate for the beach, too! I've seen lots of looks ranging from something short and flowy to full scale ballgowns on the beach, and they all look amazing to me! If you feel beautiful in it, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks is "DW appropriate". I think you'll feel a sense of regret if you get something less elaborate because you feel like you should based on where you're getting married -- and you don't want to be standing there during your "I do" moment being distracted, wishing you'd gotten the dress of your dreams, right? You want to feel glamorous and completely in the moment when you pledge your everlasting love to the man that stands before you!

And as far as the shoes goes, well, it's what you prefer. Since I've decided not to get married on the sand, I'm absolutely going with heels, but do what makes you feel the most comfortable and confident! I think the purple heels you want are an adorable idea!

#19 Butterflyf369

Butterflyf369
              • 706 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 07:02 PM

Lovely dress, congrats. Not sure if it found you or you found it.

#20 CaraW

CaraW
                • 346 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 12:26 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by islandbride317
                  Sooooo gorgeous, Cara! CONGRATS -- it seems that the universe WANTS you to wear this dress, as it keep reappearing in your life again and again! I am a big believer in reading "signs" and I think all of these signs are shouting, "Buy me! Wear ME! I AM YOUR WEDDING DRESS!!!"

I also think it's totally appropriate for the beach, too! I've seen lots of looks ranging from something short and flowy to full scale ballgowns on the beach, and they all look amazing to me! If you feel beautiful in it, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks is "DW appropriate". I think you'll feel a sense of regret if you get something less elaborate because you feel like you should based on where you're getting married -- and you don't want to be standing there during your "I do" moment being distracted, wishing you'd gotten the dress of your dreams, right? You want to feel glamorous and completely in the moment when you pledge your everlasting love to the man that stands before you!

And as far as the shoes goes, well, it's what you prefer. Since I've decided not to get married on the sand, I'm absolutely going with heels, but do what makes you feel the most comfortable and confident! I think the purple heels you want are an adorable idea!
                  Thanks everyone for your replies!! You're all so sweet! And I'm glad you like the dress too!!

And thank you so much islandbride317 - You are so right!!! I don't want to feel like I'm making myself wear something that's "beach appropriate" because I should, I want to wear what I love and feel glamorous!!! And this dress definitely makes me feel glamorous!!!! OH I just love it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users