Don't like wedding cake - doing a brownie sundae bar

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#31 whitechocolate

• 127 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 12:28 AM

I say, do what makes you happy! That's the answer to SO many sticky situations us DW brides encounter :)

#32 poohshek

• 1,456 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 10:45 PM

I LOVE CAKES!!! However, as long as you have something SWEET and TASTY for dessert, it does NOT matter!!! You should do WHAT YOU WANT!!! The BRIDE IS THE BOSS!

#33 DreamComeTrue

• 25 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 11:24 PM

The brownie sundae bar sounds so good! I think you should do what makes you happy. Personally people are driving me crazy telling me what I have to do when really I don't have to do anything I don't want to do! Follow your heart. Do what makes you happy...some people just won't be happy anyway! Good luck

#34 slapsappyhappy

• 443 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 11:56 PM

I don't blame you, wedding cake is almost always disgusting! I just got engaged and I am already tired of the haters that have an opinion about everything. What I would like to say is "if you want to pay THEN you can have a say" loL! Just do what you want b/c people will always find something to complain about.

#35 Jo 2010

Jo 2010
          • 291 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 09:28 PM

My FI and I were just having this discussion...

Thinking back at all the weddings I've been to - I cant even rememebr the cake being cut at most of them - let alone remember it as a special moment.

I dont think we will be having a cake - maybe a nice fluffy pavolva with tropical fruit! :)

Your brownie bar will be something special and memorable!

#36 marny61

• 165 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 09:53 PM

I think this is a great idea. It is your day - make the most of it.

#37 Danyelle

• 368 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 09:49 PM

I never eat the cake at weddings, I just get a slice and pass it over to my guy.
                I LOVE the brownie sundae idea (and i may steal it). We are planning on having a dessert buffet with brownies, cupcakes, cookies and one of my mom's awesome carrot cakes to be my cut-into cake for pix

#38 lilLAblonde

• 31 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 08:38 PM

Neither my fiance or I like cake and have no desire to spend a bunch of money on something that doesn't taste good so we're not doing it. It's our wedding and we're paying for it. We're doing a dessert table with a variety of traditional Mexican desserts. We did really want to do flaming desserts like cherries jubilee and bananas foster, but aren't sure if that's going to be possible. We'd reather have everything taste good and be fun.
                  March 10, 2011 in Bucerias, Mexico!

#39 sxcT

• 1,282 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 10:43 AM

Wow this brownie sundae idea sounds amazing.  A warm brownie with ice cream, caramel and fudge is my favorite dessert as well.  I must consider this for my AHR!! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users