Photo

IPOD or DJ?? Dreams Punta Cana

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 tinamiami

tinamiami
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 10:50 PM

I can't decide on making my own playlist or hiring a dj.

IPOD
    pros- we get to listen to music we truly enjoy, cheaper
    cons- a lot of downloading music and hours of work, pauses in between songs

DJ
    pros- can accomadate to crowd, more convenient
    cons- more expensive, might have outdated or bad music

I'm leaning more toward the playlist. while i don't have much time to work on downloading all the music and putting it all together, my fiance and i have great music we want to share. A dj is sometimes risky and can totally ruin the reception.. I don't know, what do you all think?

#2 soccergurl3

soccergurl3
    • 232 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 10:58 PM

When i was married there last week i don't think i saw anyone that used a DJ. The speaker system they have is amazing and that's what all the brides used!

#3 tinamiami

tinamiami
      • 6 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 09:46 AM

Ok, thanks! I'm so happy to hear that it is not out of the norm to play your own music. i think i'm going to go with that although i gotta get moving on this then..

on a different note, you mentioned that all the other brides had the same. does that mean you saw a lot of other weddings going on at the same time? was that weird for you?

#4 ebredhawk

ebredhawk
        • 949 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 01:31 PM

tinamiami.. they can accomodate up to 3 weddings per day (3 WCs) so there is a chance that other people will be getting married that same day. the good thing is, no 2 weddings are ever scheduled at the same time.

#5 ACH2009

ACH2009
          • 330 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 11:49 AM

When we had our wedding there in June we also used our ipod. We never saw anyone use the DJ either. There was another wedding the same day as ours however, I never saw the other bride until after both of our receptions had ended.
            Our Pro Pic slideshow by Tammy B Photography
            http://www.tammybpho...index2.php?v=v1

Our Pro Pic slideshow by Melissa Green Photographyhttp://www.melissagr....php#/featured/

#6 lesandlynda

lesandlynda
            • 199 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 03:13 PM

Tinamiami - since you know you like your music, and music is so key in enhancing your party......I would go with what I like best. I think the energy you put into compiling your own tunes would more than pay off with your confidence in knowing what a great setting they'll provide. Time + energy well spent - and one less variable to leave to chance.
              It's your day - be surrounded by the music you love.......

#7 aqua32marine

aqua32marine
              • 60 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 03:56 PM

Hi ladies, I'm having the same debate as well. One question I had, though, is that if we play our own music from an IPOD would we be missing out on having the DJ make announcements, like announcing us in, starting the first dance, etc? Or should someone other than the DJ be doing those things?

Thanks,
                Tina

#8 tinamiami

tinamiami
                • 6 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 02:57 PM

thanks fellow bridettes! you're right, music is key. why put it in the hands of a stranger?

aquamarine, as far as the announcements go, i was also wondering that myself. my guess is that you can ask your wedding coordinator to make a couple of announcements, or maybe ask a close friend to do it.

#9 ACH2009

ACH2009
                  • 330 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 07:50 PM

The wedding coordinator made the announcements for us. From what I have heard the dj does not usually do more than play music.
                    Our Pro Pic slideshow by Tammy B Photography
                    http://www.tammybpho...index2.php?v=v1

Our Pro Pic slideshow by Melissa Green Photographyhttp://www.melissagr....php#/featured/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users