NEWBIE.....trying to make a decision between los cabo & riviera maya! HELP!

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#31 kenlyn8984

• 196 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 06:37 PM

congrats and welcome to the foruM! im also a june 2010 bride!! :)

#32 Jenna20

• 314 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 06:42 PM

Hi Kacy,

I am in the same boat as you so to speak! We are trying to narrow our location as well. My wedding planner has mentioned to me that the mayan will allow you more options as far as all inclusives go. Los Cabos is an amazing area and there were a few resorts that she would recommend one being Dreams. From research that I have done is does appear that there are limited all inclusives that meet our requirements. Unless the sky is the limit in terms of price, of course there will be more options.

Another thing that was mentioned was the beaches can tend to be rocky and the water a little more rough in terms of swimming. However, the Mayan can be more windy, but does offer nicer beaches/swimming? This is just what I have heard, I have no experienced it myself...?

Have you narrowed down any options as far as resorts go?

Happy planning! :)

#33 sararae92

• 59 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 12:33 PM

Welcome to the forum! Good luck!
        "To love someone is nothing. To be loved by someone is something. To love and be loved by someone is everything."

Adam & Sara May 22, 2010 - Punta Cana

#34 diana&steve0304

• 40 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 12:44 PM

Welcome to the Forum!

It's a tough choice, but it all depends on what you envision for your wedding. I've been to both Locations and they are equally beautiful! My fiance and I decided on Playa del Carmen (Riviera Maya) because of where all are guests are coming from, which is the east coast for the most part. Just know that you really can't go wrong with whatever location you guys end up chooseing

#35 RikkiLynn

• 10 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 01:35 PM

hi kacy! i'm a newbie too...we chose cabo for our october wedding because of the desert weather, they're less likely to be overcast or rainy at any time of the year, as can be with the gulf side

plus easy for our guests to fly into...good luck planning

#36 taimeaka16

• 205 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 09:18 PM

Welcome and Congrats!

#37 KimmyG

• 520 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 10:24 PM

Welcome! To help you pick, think about which one will be easier to travel to for you and your guests. Or do a quick pricing and see which one is friendlier!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users