Sign in to follow this  
jennierin

Ugh...I've hit a wall.

Hi girls!

I am turning to you all for some helpful advice.

I have been working out like a maniac the last 6 months. I've lost 26 pounds so far. Yay me! HOWEVER...here's where the "ugh" comes in.

I seem to have hit my plateau with 3 months left until my wedding. I have only lost the last 6 pounds in the past 2 months!!!! Ideally, I would like to lose 10-15 more pounds (20 if I'm lucky). I had a breakdown at the gym last week with my trainer because I actually GAINED 2 lbs from the last weigh in. I know that it's all diet and exercise...especially cardio for burning fat. However, I have been doing all of that. I'm in the gym 5 days a week for crying out loud!! I am one more meltdown from eating 10 cheeseburgers!!!!!

Does anyone have any helpful advice or hints for a girl that can't seem to break the barrier? Is there any workouts or healthy diets that have worked for you to lose the last 10 poundshuh.gif

ARGH...it's so frustrating. Looking forward to anyone's answers!! Thanks in advance.

I really like Turbo Jam videos, and you can get them with weighted gloves and a 10 day diet that is healthy and pretty yummy too. That might help you unplateau without making you crazy miserable.

I swear by my chalean extreme workout videos. They have helped me lose 12 pounds in 6 weeks. You can get them on beach body.com. Overall- congrats on your loss so far- that's awesome! I would suggest really changing up your workout- your body may be adapting and you need to confuse your body a bit to keep losing. So try incorporating different cardio machines, maybe try some interval training, or change up your weight training routine. Hope to help...

Have you tried the Jillian Michaels DVDs?

- No More Trouble Zones

- Banish Fat & Boast Metabolism

- SHRED

The workouts from the first two DVDs are 50-minute long and I promise you will get a really good work out from it.

As for diet, cut down on alcohol, sugar and carbohydrates. Have you tried the South Beach diet?

One more thing, adding variety to your exercise routine is important. For a long time I was doing the same thing over and over without seeing any major improvement. After switching things up for a change/challenge, results came quicker than I ever expected. It is worth a try.

I too know how frustrating the plateau can be! I hit a plateau after losing about 30 pounds, and still had another 10 to lose. I ended up eating a little bit more than usual for a few days, and then dropped the calories again. It actually worked. Plus it was great to indulge a little!! I was careful not to go too overboard of course, and still keep my fat amounts in check.

I think the other ladies suggestions of switching up your exercise routine will help too! Good luck, you can do it!! Keep us posted on how you're doing.

So sorry to hear about your plateau. The one thing that really helped me is adding in some yoga. I do both Vinyasa Flow and Bikram yoga. Not only did it make me more flexible, my arms lost their flab and i got the addded bonus of feeling zenned out in class and leaving with a little clarity for once.

Also, I sometimes do a double workout day where i workout in the morning and the afternoon or evening. Sounds crazy but it works wonders. Just don't over do it and make sure you are eating enough calories and drinking PLENTY of water.

Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohshek View Post
One more thing, adding variety to your exercise routine is important. For a long time I was doing the same thing over and over without seeing any major improvement. After switching things up for a change/challenge, results came quicker than I ever expected. It is worth a try.
This is great advice along with the other suggestion to eat a bit more. I know it sounds crazy, but if you've lost that much already and are working out as often as you are, your body may need more fuel to keep up. Give it a shot!

Good luck!!! muscle.gif