Photo

Riu palace las americas

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 amdecker

amdecker
  • 169 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 11:08 AM

I hope we don't have to have any documentation for the symbolic ceremony because I don't. I guess I better check with the WC!

#22 leo17

leo17
    • 5 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 03:22 PM

amdecker,
      I would love to hear how your wedding went once you get back and have time. im still trying to figure out the translation of our birth certificates.

#23 kisarita

kisarita
      • 2 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 03:00 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by nicitronrox
        If you want a traditional dance/reception you may have to pay for music at the terrace or at Riu Cancun. I would imagine that later that night the DJ at the Riu Cancun could probably play a dance for you- they are all very friendly- but I would say if you want a more formal reception you will have to create those yourself
        Hi! i'm getting married next year and i'm still looking for hotels,RLA is a definite possibility... i have a question about the reception; do they have the option to make it a private dinner, so you have the space to yourself and can put your own music and dance...?
        thanks

#24 baj

baj
        • 1,555 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 04:11 PM

congrat's and welcome to the forum

#25 michellemon

michellemon
          • 17 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 02:28 PM

i asked that question and they said it is a semi private meal, you cant have your own music . i am getting married at RPLA in sept but there is people in this forum that have alredy been married there which will prob get back to you with more info.

#26 c+j

c+j
            • 17 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 11:35 PM

Hi all! I'm wondering about the options that you had for the cake...is it possible to order from outside?

#27 Mrs. Martin

Mrs. Martin
              • 514 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 07:14 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by kisarita
                Hi! i'm getting married next year and i'm still looking for hotels,RLA is a definite possibility... i have a question about the reception; do they have the option to make it a private dinner, so you have the space to yourself and can put your own music and dance...?
                thanks
                Hi,

No, they don't offer a private dinner, but depending on what location you choose for your dinner and the amount of people in your party it may be mostly private. We had the entire bottom section of the steak house and no one other than our wedding guests were there in that area. However, you cannot have music or dancing there. They give you an option to rent out their club next door if you would like to have that.

Quote:
                Originally Posted by c+j
                Hi all! I'm wondering about the options that you had for the cake...is it possible to order from outside?
                I don't know if you can bring one from the outside, i really don't see why you couldn't. I upgraded mine so we could have enough for everyone but I wish now I wouldn't have spent the $$. It was ugly, tasted ok, but not worth the $$ in my opinion.

If you both have anymore questions try reading through this, there is tons of info on this resort here-
                http://bestdestinati....-brides-20448/

Let me know if you have any additonal questions, good luck with your planning!

#28 amdecker

amdecker
                • 169 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 05:53 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by leo17
                  amdecker,
                  I would love to hear how your wedding went once you get back and have time. im still trying to figure out the translation of our birth certificates.
                  Wow, sorry I have not checked this site in awhile. Here is the link to my wedding review.

http://bestdestinati....e Las Americas

Let me know if you have any additional questions. I'll be happy to answer them (in a more timely fashion, I promise!)

#29 fsuambs

fsuambs
                  • 154 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 07:54 AM

We are getting married at RPLA Jan. 15th, 2011.
                    Happy Planning, Amber

#30 Mrs. Martin

Mrs. Martin
                    • 514 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 06:46 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by fsuambs
                      We are getting married at RPLA Jan. 15th, 2011.
                      Good luck with your wedding planning! RPLA is a beautiful hotel!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users