wow your pics are great, i was thinking of hiring RPLA photographer and now i know that i definatley am and i can stop worrying !! What did you do after your wedding ? I was really worried also because there is only about 15 of us going and thought the pics would be a bit naff but again your pics have put me at ease because the photos are great of you all stood together. Thanks sooooo much for putting this thread on it has been great to read ! When you say 550 for the photographer is that pounds or dollars ? Did you just let them know you wanted them when you got there or did you book them in advance ? i am just deciding what to do about music now ! What did you do ? Thanks again .

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicitronrox View Post
Hello all,
... We had our dinner at Tapas house and they treated us like kings! They broight all the flowers and my flutes and cake in there as well. The cake doesn't look yummy- but it is. My advice is to know what you want and what you DON'T want and communicate that to Pamela. I had no issues with her or anyone at the Hotel at all. It was the right choice for me.Pics can be found at
Nicole Hatton's Photos - Some wedding pics | Facebook

I paid 550 for the photographers (There were 2 photographers that came and took pics- they work in a team) and 72 printedpics in 2 photo albums- with the CD and copyright to all 72.
Nicole, I had a quick question for you. You said you brought your own toasting flutes, did you bring the cake carving set as well? I have my own, but I was wondering if I should bring it or not because I didn't know if there would be an issue flying it down (since it is a knife). I was going to bring it in my checked luggage.

One other thing, did they have speakers set up so the guests could hear what the minister was saying? I'm a little concerned because I am doing my ceremony on the beach and I have something I want to read but I want to make sure my guests can hear it.

BTW, I love your pictures, I'm glad they did a good job. I hired an outside photog, but I am impressed with the resorts! smile29.gif

Directly after the wedding we did our toast and cake- just the intitial piece- the rest we ate after dinner. The pics took about 45 minutes and they did about 200 shots between the two of them. They were 550 USD for 72 pics, copyright, and 2 great albums. While we did pics our guests went to the bar- (we had the wedding at 6pm- but you can only get seated for dinner at 645- or 830- so we chose 830 so we weren't rushed) after that we hung out and had cocktails at the outdoor bar, then went to dinner. We brought our own fluts- which I had in my carry on, and checked our cake servers.No questions at all from the airline since it was not in the carry-on. I booked photographers in advance- but you can email Pamela and tell her to book them if you choose. They allow 3 songs- they can't be in MP3 - just a CD format burned off a laptop worked. I brought 3 songs but only did one during my sand ceremony because I really liked their music. They did set up speakers but it was hard for me to hear since the speakers were for my guests and not for me. The ocean is louder when you think! But your guests will hear you for sure. Let me know if you have other ?'s happy to help

Nicole,

Just one more question. (Sorry, now that I'm less than a month away from the wedding, I want to have an idea of how the day will go). Did you do a first dance or anything? I just emailed the WC to ask her if we could play music from an iPOD dock for the guests at the cocktail reception. She told me I could only do live music on the terrace, not music from an iPOD so I may have to do the cocktail reception at a different location. I thought it would be nice to have someone announce us too when we are done taking pictures. Did you do any of that?

I know another possibility is renting out the club at the Riu Cancun next door, but I just think that is too expensive since we are only having about 25 guests and it will cost around $800 for a DJ and to rent the place out.

Thanks!

After the pictures you are pretty much on your own. We just hung out at one of the bars after pictures but before dinner. The folks who do the coordinating leave after the wedding. They will take your cake to where ever you are eating with your champangne ect- but there aren't any other included festivities. If you want a traditional dance/reception you may have to pay for music at the terrace or at Riu Cancun. I would imagine that later that night the DJ at the Riu Cancun could probably play a dance for you- they are all very friendly- but I would say if you want a more formal reception you will have to create those yourself

OK, thanks for the info. I guess I'll just see what the hotel will allow me to do. That's true, I could request a song from the DJ and do a first dance there. Nothing about this wedding is traditional so I'm just not going to worry about it. shots.gif That is what will probably be going on anyway cheers.gif

• 3 weeks later...

hi leo17. is it this year you get married ? We have just got a wedding pack from travel agents and it says all documents required must be translated by a solicitor and signed and stamped by a solicitor. hope this is of help to you . if you contact your travel agent or wedding coordinater i am sure they will give you a definate answer.