Photo

Our YouTube Relationship/Engagement Story (long with pics and video!)

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 The Mandy in Chandy

The Mandy in Chandy
  • 307 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 12:45 PM

Chad and I met online in March of 2008. I had been posting weight loss videos on YouTube for almost a year when I ran across his videos. He had just started making his weight loss "vlogs" and I was more than eager to welcome him to the community. I felt an instant attraction to him, and started to become quite flirty!

I spent months getting to know him online, not caring that he lived 500 miles away. There was something about him that I knew was important- significant. I would ask him hypothetical questions like "what if I were passing through KY, would you meet me?" and he'd say no, and explain that he is shy and how he never really had a serious relationship before. Which blew my mind because he is quite a catch! But he felt he needed to wait til he found the RIGHT person before having any kind of commitment...and he was scared I lived too far away for us to work. But there was still an attraction there we couldn't ignore.

Finally he agreed to meet me in August and we planned a mini-vacation to the Biltmore Estate in Asheville, NC- which was close to a halfway point between our states.
    We had an amazing weekend and hit it off immediately, as you can see by these pictures. :P

Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.
    Being away from him was unbearable, so 3 weeks later I took the 8 hour drive to KY to spend Labor Day weekend with him. And then I travelled there once a month for the next 5 months before my mom got sick and I had to stay home to be with her. He started to visit me during school breaks then (he is in his last year of college.)

I went up for Valentine's day and I planned a romantic dinner for him, and we had his apartment to ourselves. The night before I noticed he was very fidgety and restless. I couldn't figure out what was wrong with him. He couldn't sit still!

The next morning we got up and had breakfast, got dressed, etc and he mentioned us opening our gifts to each other. I thought it was just weird- it wasn't even lunch time yet! I assumed we'd exchange gifts at dinner.

So I agreed and he set up my camera to record us, which didn't raise any concern for me as we were ALWAYS filming ourselves for youtube. He opened his gift (I got him a wireless router) and then I opened mine.

Now, you have 2 choices. You can either
    a) watch the following video and see it all unfold
    or
    B) read the story below. :)

I recommend watching the video, but if you don't want to do that, it's cool.

Here's the video link:
    Click the image to open in full size.

#2 jk1101

jk1101
    • 2,582 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 01:08 PM

OMG Mandy - that was so sweet and romantic - I was crying watching it!!! It looks like you found yourself one awesome guy! And to have video of it...how cool! That was beautiful!

#3 The Mandy in Chandy

The Mandy in Chandy
      • 307 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 01:32 PM

Thank you! Yes, he is very awesome and sweet and smart and WAY too good for me and doesn't know it! :P and I think I'm pretty awesome so, yeah :P

#4 *HOLLY*

*HOLLY*
        • Banned
        • 3,639 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 03:17 PM

Yeah I got goosebumps!

#5 Geralyn

Geralyn
          • 2,677 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 10:29 AM

That is such a great proposal story!! Really sweet...congrats!

#6 baj

baj
            • 1,555 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 12:04 PM

congrat's so, so romantic................ I hope you will be very happy together.

#7 ashey063009

ashey063009
              • 604 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 10:29 PM

I LOVE that you two were able to get that amazing moments on tape-- total Goosebumps! All the best!

#8 Jo 2010

Jo 2010
                • 291 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 10:56 PM

Your story is too cute! Its so special to be able to relive it like that!

#9 Kristin_And_Stewart

Kristin_And_Stewart
                  • 153 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 11:02 PM

Wow! that's incredibly sweet! Congrats!

#10 DGG

DGG
                    • 275 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 11:21 PM

Wow.. so romantic!!! Congratulations!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users