Photo

Canadian Websites - OOT Bag Goodies, Invites and More

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#31 Shelley

Shelley
  • 169 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 03:27 PM

Thanks Trista - I have no idea how I missed that! I even went through the shop a dozen times!

#32 Shelley

Shelley
    • 169 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 04:52 PM

Trista - the starfish I really like is the one you posted at weddingandbridaljewellery.com Did you end up ordering from them? I'm just wondering how much they charge to ship to Canada.

As a random rant - do you know what really bothers me? When I'm charged insane amounts for shipping yet when the item arrives I can see exactly what was paid for shipping and that amount was totally reasonable. Why do sellers get away with that Just had to rant...

#33 JulieG

JulieG
      • VIP Member
      • 8,323 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 05:12 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Shelley
        Trista - the starfish I really like is the one you posted at weddingandbridaljewellery.com Did you end up ordering from them? I'm just wondering how much they charge to ship to Canada.

As a random rant - do you know what really bothers me? When I'm charged insane amounts for shipping yet when the item arrives I can see exactly what was paid for shipping and that amount was totally reasonable. Why do sellers get away with that Just had to rant...
        I agree with you totally on that one. I have seen that so many times and it really makes me mad. They are already making money off the item, to be stingy and make more money on shipping is not right. I bought something off Ebay once and I contacted the seller when it got to me and she actually gave me a credit for it. Surprising. I think if you say that you are going to give them a bad review for the incident, they will do anything to not get that review. So, try that next time.

#34 Trista

Trista
        • 304 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 07:56 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Shelley
          Shelley:
          No I did not order them through the above link I posted as I was not aware of what their shipping costs were when I tired to contact them...so I worried about customer service so I actually ordered my 3-piece starfish through the lady you recommended on ebay..I also ordered some flip flops so my order for shipping was $26.50..

Take note that, all the items on her page come from all different manufacturers so she is unable to give you one shipping charge, so lets take for instance, silk rose petals, I wanted to order those too for $9.99 but shipping for that item was $19.95 and I said "forget that" and just ordered my starfish and flip flips for the one flat rate..

When you posted that she had a flat rate of $10.00 that was only for favors but anything else you order with it, even if you included favors, would of EACH had a seperate shipping charge..

Anyway, I am glad I got 3 starfish so I can add two in my bouquet (which I finished this weekend) and also one for a pin as mentioned before..I will let you know once it arrives..

Trista
          COUPLES ~Swept Away, JAMAICA

#35 Shelley

Shelley
          • 169 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 12:21 PM

Trista - I'd recommend talking to Karen (the seller) b/c after I placed my order (which was only favors) and paid the $10 flat shipping rate I got an e-mail from Karen saying thanks for your order and that I could add anything else from her store on for no additional shipping.

As for the weddingandbridaljewellery store, they are yet to get back to me either. Good call about being concerned about the customer service. If they won't even get back to me I'd be worried they'd actually ship it ASAP like I'll need to be able to get it in time.

#36 Trista

Trista
            • 304 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 12:08 PM

Okay girls I am in a bit of a bind now, the girl Shelley recommended off Ebay, has just advised me that she no longer can supply me with the starfish jewels I ordered and even though she waits 2 l-o-o-o-n-g weeks to tell me AFTER I order, I am running out of time..All the sites mentioned on this post, I have contacted and have yet to hear anything..I leave in a little over 5 weeks and I for sure need my starfish..

As I mentioned earlier, because I am having such a hard time finding a pin or brooch, I had decided to order a jewel and glue it to a pin and wear in on my dress..

Anyway, any help would be appreciated, I am in a bind now~

#37 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
              • 4,979 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 12:14 PM

Yikes! I'm probably no help. I searched everywhere for a good starfish seller, and found ONE that was in the U.S. that'd ship to Canada. Shipping costs killed me though, I paid over $100 in shipping fees, $50 of which was a complete surprise to me!
                Happily Married since May 9, 2008
                Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#38 RaydensMama

RaydensMama
                • VIP Member
                • 2,861 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 02:26 PM

ITs not even the shipping costs that are so bad, its when your package hits customs!! I always get hit with a HUGE customs charge after Ive paid for everything!

#39 Trista

Trista
                  • 304 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 03:32 PM

Well I am desperate as I need a starfish for my dress! UGH....A few vendors from Ebay said they would ship it to me but again, it costs $28 for product and $50 for shipping, YIKES...

#40 JulieG

JulieG
                    • VIP Member
                    • 8,323 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 03:37 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Trista
                      Well I am desperate as I need a starfish for my dress! UGH....A few vendors from Ebay said they would ship it to me but again, it costs $28 for product and $50 for shipping, YIKES...
                      Trista, I am going to China Town on Saturday, and hitting a few bridal shops in Toronto. If I find one, do you want me to get it for you? Where do you live? Do you have any specific colour requirements? You want a pin right? Or just any jeweled starfish.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users