Travelling to Jamaica

Love3

Hello Ladies...

How in the world am I going to bring glass down to Jamaicahuh.gif I want to bring glass bowls or candle holders for the tables the night of the wedding, but I think they might break?? I see lots of pics of grls weddings with glass on tables and I wonder if they got them at the resort or brought them down with them?? Please let me know what are my options or how I can transport glass down on the planehuh.gif

Thank you ladies

We bought glasses for the tables and plan on carrying them on the plane. Assuming you do not know anyone down there, you could ask your WC if they would allow you to ship it ahead of time. Although TA Maureen told me they do not really like to do that, put the responsibility of getting the package and keeping it safe until you get there. And then there is always the $$ of sending it down, I am sure it would be super expensive. I plan on having my mom and cousins carry a few things on...spreading the wealth! ha!

I'm bringing down a hurricane glass for our centerpiece and votive candles and holders for the table... snda ceremony pic. frame, toasting glasses, unity candle, etc.... oh, and I took 2 sand dollars and painted them with glass paint and varnished them instead of a pillow for our rings (came out real nice :) )

What I plan to do is to bubbble wrap the heck outta the glass ware and candles!

I'm then putting the candles and votive holders inside a priority mailing box (free) and putting packing peanuts around them on the inside of the box to put inside a suitcase to check under the plane. The hurricane glass, pic. frame and toasting glasses i'm taking on the plane with my real touch bouquet.

Just bubble wrap your glass and place it in a sturdy box with peanuts. If you feel better, go to a mail store like staples and have them pack it for you.

I think it may vary by airline and where you are traveling from, but for us, it's always been 2 checked bags per person, with a weight limit of 50 lbs per bag (plus your carry-on's). Since we usually can travel with only one checked bag per person, and there are 3 of traveling together (including my son) I think I'll have enough room with 6 bags! I'm more concerned with the weight limit on the luggage - this could be a challenge, lol.

Hi I am taking 30 champagne glasses (they are my favors), candle holders, and shells, all of which are breakable. We bubble wrapped them like Jenny said and we (some of my guests are helping) are carrying this on the plane. Anything that is super breakable I would carry on the plane. I had a glass item in my bag on my last Jamaica trip and it did not make it. If you have ever seen them throwing those bags and piling tons of bags on top of bags, you know that it is pretty scary to check glass on a plane.

I had originally planned to ship most of the stuff. I was told by my WC that if I mailed my table decorations to her, there was a chance that the items would get caught up in customs and not make it to their destination. After my last trip, I sent some clothes and shoes to a lady that I met in Jamaica (for her daughter) and she never received them. I think in order to ensure that your items arrive, you have to take them with you.

Good luck with the planning!

ya that sounds like a plan! I will take them with me I guess. I need all the space I can get with a carry on though as I will have my 11mth old with me and he will need a lot of stuff to stay with us! Does a 9yr count to take a carry on LOL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love3 View Post
LOL thanks, but I think he (the 9yr old) would differ. Well actually he will be 10 by then!! Does an 11mth old count? LMAO Can he have a carry onhuh.gif
If you are paying for a seat for the 11 month old, then YES he does get his own carry on, lol. If he doesn't have his own seat then unfortunately not :)