Photo

Excellence Bride Hair and Make Up Questions

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 BlakleyBrideToBe

BlakleyBrideToBe
  • 2,115 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 04:13 PM

Has any of you past Excellence Bride's had your hair and make up done that the resort? I'm wanting to get mine done.

#2 Boston Bride 2009

Boston Bride 2009
    • 268 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 11:17 AM

I had a trial run of make up done when I went down to plan our wedding. It wasn't awful but I didn't like it and I definitely didn't think it was very sanitary. For example they used lip gloss right out of the container put it on my mouth and then took the same brush and put it back in the container. She didn't sharpen the eye liner before applying it and used the mascara wand out of the tube. I'm not sure if their standards are different there then they are here but for me that was just not going to work. One of my good friends who is coming is an esthetician/make-up artist and is doing my make up. Not sure about hair.

#3 Dolcenotte12

Dolcenotte12
      • 104 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 01:59 AM

I don't usually like anyone doing my makeup for that reason..seems to always be like that. It helps that I worked at Chanel for over 6 years too lol, so I did my makeup myself. Hair was something I was worried about and for very little reason. They did an amazing job on my hair. My hair has never looked that nice, I couldn't believe how great it looked and the style held all night even when I gave myself highlights when I threw myself down in the sand!!! My bridesmaids loved their hair too. Dominicans are great with hair, there are so many dominican hair salons in NYC for a reason!! LOL, I would not worry at all. Just bring pictures of styles you like and they will do it the way it would look best on you.

#4 Dolcenotte12

Dolcenotte12
        • 104 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 02:00 AM

Actually my maid of honor got her makeup done and she looked great. She was happy with it. And she came out good in pictures.

#5 BlakleyBrideToBe

BlakleyBrideToBe
          • 2,115 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 05:20 PM

Thanks for the help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users