wedding stress!!!

MissM

UPDATE: So we secured a group rate with WestJet-pretty reasonable if you ask me. took us so long. Anyways after all that hassle and notifying our guests of this- the majority of them have just decided to wait and book themselves!!! Not through the TA that gave us the quote and is arranging things! So I feel like I stressed over it for nothing! If I would have known they all wanted to book on their own at their own time I wouldn't have bothered wasting months trying to get all these quotes..... oh well. at the same time I feel a bit relieved and like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Now everyone can worry about themselves I guess and if they come- great, if not-oh well. I know I am going to have the greatest time ever!

Thanks everyone for all your advice and for listening!!

OMG I am having the same issue!! I was told March is low season so we booked it then only to find out its more expensive..THEN i thought you can group rates from the hotel who they then said TAs are cheaper. ok fine so we come back tried talking to a few who qouted us prices that were double what we spent mind you, we just flew there last week to see some hotels because we wanted to see them first hand rather then online which was confusing the hell out of me with 20 websites open. needless to say I spent so many hours finding prices, and getting so stressed out because then people were telling me this is too much, thats too much...so I think I am going to have every man fend for themselves and thats it..because Im going to have an ulcer to save $100 for my guests when noone knows what they are doing yet anyway...ive been so down this last week trying to get it all together and we only set the date last week. So my fiance keeps telling me to stop stressing and I cant..but if planning is going to be like this im going to lose my mind.

• 1 month later...

Hey you!

I know exactly what you are going through! We have been dealing with countless travel agents to try to secure pricing. The difference in pricing from each of them have been OUTSTANDING - its absolutely rediculous. Finally we were able to find a great day through one - and we are using Westjet Vacations. As we have family flying for 2 separate provinces and wanted to have each plane arrive at relatively the same time. Great group rate quote etc... only problem to get the early booking bonus we must all pay in full by October 15th - The wedding is in late April. Due to the economy some of our guests are unable to swing the payment this soon and will hopefully be able to find something closer to the date. Decided we had to just quite worrying - people will find a way to come - and if they don't.. not much we can do.

The only problem is our TA does not do any type of coordinating of the wedding. We are now responsible for contacting the Hotel Coordinators. We are getting married at the Gran Caribe Real in Cancun. It has been a headache trying to get any type of answers from their coordinators. We are also having our wedding at their new Catholic Chapel - and were told we must deal directly with the Church. We again, have not heard anything. It is quite a stressful time - but in the end.. I'd rather be planning this than a wedding at home. Atleast that's what i keep telling myself.

GOOD LUCK!

MissM - I was initially told the same thing by my TA about people having to book early - we got the rate in October 08, people had to be paid in full within 30 days!

But we negotiated and had her call the airline and they ultimately agreed to extend it by like 7 months - the booking deadline was August 2009 in the end! So try to be more forceful - and if that doesn't work, get another TA, because there are TAs out there who WILL be more reasonable!