~ SYTYCD Canada ~ Summer 2009

~*Lisa*~

As someone who used to watch figure skating, Emmanual has always been like that, very arrogant and cocky. Of course he danced well, lots of tricks though. The question will be: how will he do with a partner, and different types of dance?

Also, the girl that was right after him was really good too. I didn't catch her name. But the girl with the short dark hair that salsa'd with the guy that was really good too (but too old) I'm loving her!!

I don't usually watch the audition shows, only when we get to top 20, but it was for sure interesting! Got a few WOOHOO's from Mary Murphy, so it should be a good season.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't as impressed with last night's auditions as I was about Wednesdays, but there were definitely a few really good dancers. Good to see some more familiar faces from last year's finals!

Jean-Marc is a typical French-Canadian guy (I am French-Canadian so can say that, LOL), soooooo cute! His colleagues literally have to pick his jaw off the floor when the sexy girls come onstage. Loved his face when the two Pussy Cat Dolls wanna be's came on: they were interesting, looking forward to seeing how far they get.

The stripper girl: wow, how do you do that in heels that high??

Alright, so far I've only watched the first show, Toronto auditions because I've been too busy! sad.gif Anyway, it thought it was pretty good. I'm surprised they mostly showed the great dancers, not many of the really bad ones.

Did anyone else noticed how the judges hugged a lot of the dancers? I mean, I know that we are really nice in Canada, but I just found that odd! lol I'm hoping to catch up tonight.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so I watched them both last night (performance and elimination show).

First I want to FF and say the tribute to Michael Jackson was incredible!

Ok, so the performance show. Highlights for me started with Natalie and Danny, not because Danny is from Brockville (HOLLA!!). Natalie ROCKED the hip hop! It was phenomenal! She's totally my favorite!

I also liked the Capoera by Tatiana and Austin, and Melanie and Taylor's Tango! I was so mesmerized I had no idea where he got hurt! (I guess she whacked him in the face and his lip was bleeding). The judges weren't that enthusiastic, but I thought it was really well done!

I don't want to give away who went home if no one else has watched it. I wasn't surprised by the guy, and based on the solos, I was *kind of* surprised by the girl, but overall, I think the other 2 dancers are stronger so over all, 2 good selections for those to go home.

GO DANNY!! I'm stoked because he's from where I'm living now, and I thought he did an awesome job!

Oh, and can I also say THANK YOU CTV for making the elimination show only 1/2 hour. The American show draws it out to an hour with (I think) useless musical numbers that has little to do with dancing and more for ratings.

Group number, bottom 6, solos, elimination. Perfect.