Photo

Any Chicago area 2010 brides out there?

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#81 ChicagoPT

ChicagoPT
  • 307 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 09:06 PM

hi lauren- we are planning an AHR for when we get home. We are inviting family that cant come, ones that came, work people, neighbors, all the people our parents wanted to invite but we said no. We are having it at my Fi's parents house in Oakbrook. We are thinking Mexican fiesta theme with a mariachi band and mexican food.

#82 brandynd

brandynd
    • 221 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 08:45 PM

Hey ladies,

So, DH and I finally rebooked our honeymoon, and we'll be flying out of Chicago O'Hare on 10/5. We're going to be in IL for a wedding the weekend prior anyway, so it just made more sense to fly from Chicago rather than drive back to Omaha, and then fly in, only to have an overnight layover in O'Hare anyways.
      Moving on....sorry for the tangent of unnecessary info. I will be in Chicago from the 3-5, at a hotel in my hotel chain, and I won't know anybody or have the slightest idea of how to entertain myself for 36 hours.
      I know it's way, way early, but is anybody up for some drinks? Yes, no? We've threatened to get together a few times on this thread, and I'm thinking it's time we actually went out and had some fun!
      There is no better gift that can be given than the gift of ones self.

#83 peterpanpixiedust

peterpanpixiedust
      • 656 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 12:40 PM

Aw, this is the only Chicago one... but sadly I'm 2011. I'm afraid to make another thread (suffer from slight mod phobia - always afraid I'll post one too many...lol). I'm from the south suburbs and totally up for meeting with the more seasoned planners if I'm welcome. Otherwise, have a fun get together!

#84 laurenvuitton

laurenvuitton
        • 283 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 11:08 AM

Hi Chris! I'm originally from the south burbs (tinley park). Im not sure if there was a meet up and I missed it or what :)

#85 peterpanpixiedust

peterpanpixiedust
          • 656 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 07:21 AM

Hi Lauren! Ha, I live in Tinley right now with my fiance (I myself am from Frankfort). Maybe u went to school with him (he went to Andrew - class of 02). Are you still close?

#86 laurenvuitton

laurenvuitton
            • 283 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 02:15 PM

CRAZY! I was class of 02 too!! small world :) ask him if he knows Lauren Murphy

#87 sorord1

sorord1
              • 240 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 02:50 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by peterpanpixiedust
                Aw, this is the only Chicago one... but sadly I'm 2011. I'm afraid to make another thread (suffer from slight mod phobia - always afraid I'll post one too many...lol). I'm from the south suburbs and totally up for meeting with the more seasoned planners if I'm welcome. Otherwise, have a fun get together!

Hi,
                I also live the south suburbans of Chicago and I am getting married next year too! Maybe us 2011 brides to be can plan something or schedule a BD shoot with the same photographer next year? I know there was just a bridal show at Giorgios Banquets in Orland did you go?

#88 laurenvuitton

laurenvuitton
                • 283 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 02:58 PM

The only Bridal Show I went to was in Oak Brook and it was so chaotic! The fashion show was great, but for the most part I didnt really get much out of it since Im doing a destination wedding. We are hoping to go to Negril or Montego Bay for our honeymoon

#89 peterpanpixiedust

peterpanpixiedust
                  • 656 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 10:12 PM

Oh, I love the idea of a meet up sorord1! Lauren, Jamaica sounds fun! And yes, my fiance remembers your name. His name is Chris Mocarski (sound familiar?). If you were in his class, than you were in the same class as Gina Glocksen from American Idol! I know he said they were in the same drama group and I worked for her uncle (he's a dentist and I'm a hygienist) in Frankfort a while back! Super small world!

Sorord1 - I went to the Georgios in January, when I thought I was doing a Vineyard Wedding in Southern Illinois. It slightly helpful, but more just a way for people to call you and tell you that you won something when it turns that you have to listen to them talk about their products.

#90 laurenvuitton

laurenvuitton
                    • 283 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 12:56 PM

Small world! Yeah I was friends with her in high school...

Your fiance looks familiar - I prob had a few classes with him at some point :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users