Photo

What would you think?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#11 ashey063009

ashey063009
  • 604 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 08:27 PM

you are definitely NOT wrong to feel that way. It is natural to want your day to be totally unique and personal, and I can't think of a bigger bummer than knowing the same dress was just seen on another bride.

With that said, I do agree with the other girls in that it will look different on everyone and you may be wearing it differently / accessorizing differently, etc.

If it really, really bothers you and will hinder your ability to feel completely special on your big day-- maybe see if your retailer would exchange it for a credit. Best of luck girl, this is a tough one.

#12 ~St.T Bride~

~St.T Bride~
    • 128 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 09:14 PM

Thanks girls!

As time goes on it's becoming less of an issue...I don't think the bride will come to our wedding so I think you are right in that it doesn't matter. I just wish I would have known earlier and maybe we could have split on the dress!! =)

#13 *Meagan*

*Meagan*
      • 5,521 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 09:22 PM

Def stick with your dress! it could look one way on her and totally different on you. Every person brings their own look to the dress. Just your scenery of a DW I think will give the dress a totally different look. I dont think anyone will notice. You should not switch it. Its your dress and your day!!!!

#14 Scarletina

Scarletina
        • 85 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 10:54 PM

I wouldn't personally go out looking for a new dress because when I found mine - I KNEW it was the one for me. Maybe instead of getting a different one you can just focus on accessorizing differently to create a different look?
          37 CABINS BOOKED AND COUNTING!!

CHECK OUT MY WEDDING WEBSITE:

WWW.WEDDINGAWEIGH.COM

#15 KittenHeart

KittenHeart
          • 3,103 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 11:42 PM

I know I would be bothered by that personally, much more than I should be! I really doubt anyone will notice though... if it were me, I'd add something to it or change up the look a bit, hair flower, different style veil, colored sash maybe?

You will be wearing it and THAT will be different so no matter what, don't worry :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users