What would you think?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 ~St.T Bride~

~St.T Bride~
  • 128 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 01:03 PM

I was just at a wedding last night for my FI's friend, and his bride had my dress on!!! I didn't think it would bother me so much but it does. I don't know this girl well at all, but the fact that some of the same people will be at our wedding just kinda sucks. Part of me wants to go out and look for a new dress...

Am I wrong to feel like that?

#2 jk1101

• 2,582 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 01:36 PM

That's a tough one.
      I think we all (BDW members) know so much about wedding dresses because we kind of study them, but I think to the average person they probably wouldn't be able to tell unless it's very unique/unusual.
      How many people will be at both weddings?
      It's July now and you're not getting married for another 6 months, so probably anyone who was to her wedding won't even remember what she was wearing - all anyone will be thinking about is how awesome YOU look. She's probably the only one that will notice but by that time, who cares and it just shows you both have the same great taste.

#3 alkoch

• 515 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 01:43 PM

I don't think anyone will notice, they will just notice how great you look! I think you should stick with the dress you love, it will look better on you than it did on her!

#4 silverangel

• 216 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 03:44 PM

I agree...unless she was a close friend I wouldn't stress too bad. Being 6 months apart really helps. But if it really bothers you then do what will make you happy!

#5 Inked1

• 161 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 04:17 PM

Stick with your dress, you love it for a reason. We are all kidding ourselves to think no one else is wearing "our" dress :-)

#6 nikicrosby

• 230 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 05:26 PM

I would definitely stick with your dress. Everyone will be so focused on you and your day! The thought won't even cross their minds.

#7 sn0048

• 264 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 05:34 PM

I agree with the others it doesn't matter that it's the same dress it's all about how you wear it and I'm sure you're going to look beautiful in yours :)

#8 **TIFFANY**

• 343 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 06:01 PM

I agree that you should stick to the dress you picked out and loved. Obviously you had no idea she had the same dress when you bought yours.

#9 poohshek

• 1,456 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 06:43 PM

Definitely stick with the dress you already bought! You can use her as a reference for what you can do better with the dress (bustle, choice of veil, bouquet design, accessories, shoes etc) and come up with better ideas.

#10 roo66

• 1,001 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 06:54 PM

pooevery has the same view as as me we all look different and im sure you wont be wearing yours the same way as her.For starters hers isnt a destination wedding,did you get your shoes yet go for a bright colour red pink,blue etc different jewelry different flowers you will look fabulous and her wedding will be a distant memory.post a pic of your dress and well help you out some more x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users