Printing DIY Passport Invites

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 OchieBride

• 109 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 11:26 PM

Can I get some assistance on printing passport Invites. I've already created them in Publisher but when I do a test print I can never get the pages to fall in proper order! Also whats the best typw of paper and how do I make sure I cut it so it looks pro (ish)?

#2 Ginalyn

• 2,754 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 06:44 PM

As far as paper goes you can use heavier paper...I think I used 60-70 lb for mine and 105 lb cardstock for the covers. For cutting you can buy a paper cutter from any craft store or in any scrapbooking section of a store.

I didn't use Publisher for my passport invites but hopefully others can help you with getting the paper to fall in order.

#3 becks

• VIP Member
      • 4,881 posts
      • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
      • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
      • LocationNew York

Posted 27 July 2009 - 03:20 PM

Getting the pages in proper order is tricky!

My suggestion is to cut a piece of notebook paper into 4, fold each one in half and stack them to make them into a booklet. The go through and number each page and write on the pages what is supposed to be on each one. When you're done, you can take it apart, and see what is supposed to be next to what, and printed on the back of what.

As far as paper - use a heavy cardstock (100# or more) for the cover, and a heavier weight page (at least 28#, 35# if you can find it) for the insides.

Good luck!

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#4 OchieBride

• 109 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 08:09 PM

Thanks guys! Becsk I must have tried that 20 times and everytime they comeout in somem crazy random order!!! Do you guys know if there is a Word version of the template on here...I think I'm just over my head with Publisher...Word, I can handle

#5 merocket59

• 937 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 10:32 AM

I have one for powerpoint, I tried printing through vistaprint but the pages just weren't think enough and I couldn't cut anything straight even with my cutter haha! It was just getting too late and I didn't have the time to dedicate to finish them but I hope this helps you out.

Attached Files

#6 OchieBride

• 109 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 07:13 PM

Thanks Merocket!....17 days wow..good luck with everything :)

#7 merocket59

• 937 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 11:04 PM

Thanks!! I went into major wedding mode today and finished up a lot of loose ends with my little projects that I've been working on for so long, but still have some random chores to do, good thing I have tomorrow off too!

#8 autjo

• 2,182 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 03:21 PM

Megan your day is almost here! Congrats! I actually found your template a couple of months ago and used it for my invites too. For the life of me I couldn't remember where I found it and then this thread pops up. Thanks a million for sharing and now I know who to thank in my planning thread :)

I've attached a copy of my version of the inside pages of the passport. I purchased shiney white metallic paper from paperandmore.com then just took it to Kinkos and had them print it out. They turned out super cute!

#9 merocket59

• 937 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 05:39 PM

Can't wait to see how they all turn out in the planning threads :)

#10 OchieBride

• 109 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 06:16 PM

Thanks looking forward to seeing your passport inside pages

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users