Photo

Roll Call: Where my Canadian peeps at?!

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#101 nsbride2010

nsbride2010
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 02:16 PM

Hey! I'm Natasha (or Nat, or Tasha, whatever) and I was born and raised in Halifax, Nova Scotia! I left at 20 to finish my education in Montreal, QC and to be with the man of my dreams! Now we are back here until FI finds out which hockey team he will be playing for south of the border :)
    Enjoying marital bliss since July 1st, 2010

#102 meldal101010

meldal101010
    • 444 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 02:28 PM

I'm another one from Nova Scotia....New Glasgow born & raised :)

Living in Calgary for the past 8-9 years. FI from Calgs.

Getting married at Dreams Cancun on 10/10/10!!!!!

#103 caribbeanLover

caribbeanLover
      • 1,619 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 02:39 PM

weclome guys!
        I love N.S I was there this summer for my sister in-laws wedding, my FI parents built a home in Lunenburge. Lovely place, so much so I want to move there.
        Congrats on the up coming weddings!!!
        http://i1002.photobu..../img-239-1.jpg http://i1002.photobu....0/img-21-1.jpg
        Tracy and Mike

Married and in love all over again!!!!!!
        Happily ever after...

#104 Debs

Debs
        • VIP Member
        • 7,104 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 02:13 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by nsbride2010
          Hey! I'm Natasha (or Nat, or Tasha, whatever) and I was born and raised in Halifax, Nova Scotia! I left at 20 to finish my education in Montreal, QC and to be with the man of my dreams! Now we are back here until FI finds out which hockey team he will be playing for south of the border :)
          Dang! Who's your FI?!?!?!!?!!!!!!

#105 MilitaryMrs.s-to be

MilitaryMrs.s-to be
          • 553 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 08:41 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by nsbride2010
            Is you FI playing with the Mooseheads? :)

#106 Samantha

Samantha
            • 16 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 09:59 PM

Hi everyone....

I was born in South Africa and have been living in Canada for 12 years now! My FI and I just bought a house in Oakville (He's from Moncton, NB originally!).

Can anyone recommend a good TA in the area that's experienced with DW? Or maybe an existing thread (I couldn't find one using search).

Happy Planning!

#107 echo2_62

echo2_62
              • 1,049 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 01:34 PM

Hey Samantha! My grandparents live in Oakville and I love it there! I used to live in Burlington for a long time too but now I'm out in Calgary and I don't think I'll be leaving for a long time :) Unfortunately I don't know any specific TA's out there for you, but I think my mom had said that either Sears Travel or Marlin Travel were usually really good whenever she had to book other trips. Maybe try with those and see if they work for you? It seems to just be trial and error to find someone decent. Good luck!!

NSbride - I know I've chatted on a few threads with you but you are a total cutie and damn you've got a good looking FI there! What a beautiful couple!!! You should let us know what hockey team he ends up with so that we can all cheer him on!

#108 Oryx

Oryx
                • 727 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 08:53 PM

Hello fellow Canadians!

I was born and raised in Toronto and love it here! My dad is from Cape Breton though, so I also consider myself a little bit of a Nova Scotian at heart :) My FI and I got engaged in Halifax this past November :)

#109 Samantha

Samantha
                  • 16 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 09:29 PM

I love Halifax! What a wonderful place to get engaged!

Welcome!

#110 RonNMel

RonNMel
                    • 388 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 12:22 AM

Been on the forum a few months now, but just found this thread.

I'm Mel, my FI is Ron and we are both from the Montreal area, Quebec.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users