• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#91 echo2_62

echo2_62
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 01:59 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by silverangel
    Hi...my name is Amanda and I was born and raised in Winnipeg. Have lived here all my life and don't think we'll ever move. Technically we now live just outside the city.
    I just had to add that I love the pic of your boxer!!! We've got a brindle female and I don't think we'll ever have any other breed! Ok well I'm pulling for a boston terrier, but they're just boxers in smaller bodies. LOVE my boxers!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Riyko
    Hi everyone, I'm stephanie I was born in the US, but i've been living in Oakville, Ontario since April 2007
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KRama
    The FI and I are a rarity...born & raised Calgarians still living in Calgary!

Yay for Oakville! My grandparents still live there, and I lived in Burlington On, as well as St.Catharines On all during my schooling. But I was born in Calgary and lived there when I was young and have lived back here in Calgary for another four years or so.... it would be hard for me to move away. FI is from Brandon MB and sometimes tries to convince me to move back there. Maybe one day. But I told him there needs to be two horses added to the deal... think it'll work?

#92 Melissa&Todd

Melissa&Todd
    • 32 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 10:20 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by nikicrosby
      I don't think anyone has ever heard of it.....it is sooooo small....lol

Ive heard of it, i was born and raised in New Hamburg/Baden area... Us Country Gals gotta love us!

.....That Makes Me A Canadian Bride as Well on BDW
      Unlike most .. I never pictured my wedding as a young girl growing up... But now that i met the man of my dreams..i cant stop picturing it

#93 Sloan

Sloan
      • 1,279 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 12:28 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Melissa&Todd
        Ive heard of it, i was born and raised in New Hamburg/Baden area... Us Country Gals gotta love us!

.....That Makes Me A Canadian Bride as Well on BDW
        New Hamburg! I work in KW and have friends from New Hamburg.

#94 Jennybell1

Jennybell1
        • 661 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 01:40 AM

Hi Gals,

My name is Jennifer and I was born and raised in Hamilton (aka the Hammer) Ontario. Lived there for 18 years and moved to Calgary for school in 1997. Lived in Calgary for 9 years and then moved out of the city to get away the crazy traffic! Have lived in Crossfield, Airdire and now Mountain View County (near Didsbury).
          Nice to see this thread on here.
          Congrats and happy planning!

#95 TeNeil

TeNeil
          • 192 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 02:09 AM

LOVE Canada! Can't say that I have been very far east, but plan to do so in the future.
            My FI and I are both from Medicine Hat, Alberta. We moved away for years, but are back home and LOVING it!
            Plan to buy a lot of my wedding stuff in Calgary, so if anyone has a favorite store.....please share!

#96 *Nadine*

*Nadine*
            • 5,466 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 10:18 AM

echo2_62; small world, Im in calgary as well and my FI is also from brandon!!

#97 echo2_62

echo2_62
              • 1,049 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 10:42 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by *Nadine*
                echo2_62; small world, Im in calgary as well and my FI is also from brandon!!
                Check with your FI and see if he knows the Speers. Geoff (my FI) is 25 and his brother Garrett is 29 I think. It seems that most people know someone in his family, but then again it is Brandon!!!

#98 *Nadine*

*Nadine*
                • 5,466 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 11:29 AM

He said his gr.3 teacher was a mrs. Speers? Hes 27 though so right in b/w them, and thought Geoff rang a bell but wasnt sure. He's one of the 'Griffith Twins' (seems to be how they are know), Jesse. Not sure if your FI would know him?

#99 NotYourAverageDW

NotYourAverageDW
                  • 361 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 12:50 PM

Hi everyone! I'm another Canadian bride...well I'm having a DW, but I'm still a Canadian bride. I live on the East Coast in NB, and I'm planning to tie the knot in Jamaica. Just not sure when. hehehe. Cheers!

#100 Debs

Debs
                    • VIP Member
                    • 7,104 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 11:36 PM

welcome welcome!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users