If you were a guest....

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#11 itsfinallyhere

• 573 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 05:19 PM

Do the church you love. I think it is very thoughtful of you to provide the transportation for your guests. And because of this, I think you should go with your hearts desire. You are really inconviencing no one, they would probably have time to kill inbetween while you take pictures. If this church is what you want it will be something thing you will regret later. Especially when looking back at pictures. Location is very important, and another 30 miles is nothing.

#12 poohshek

• 1,456 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 08:28 PM

50-minute is a pretty long bus ride. If there are senior guests and young kids among the group, having the wedding at the church closer by may work out better.

#13 ashey063009

• 604 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 08:30 PM

Go with the church you love! This is your big day, and although an extra 30 min bus ride is less than ideal, it's your big day and it's once-in-a-lifetime. :) Do what makes you happy and what feels right for you and FI.

#14 silverangel

• 216 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 12:19 AM

I too say closer church...it's already going to be a long day and riding a bus that long may tire people out.
          But if it really what will make you happy on your day, then your guests will understand.

#15 michellepicksbrent

• 1,448 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 07:11 AM

I'd go with the closer church. Being on a bumpy bus for almost an hour one way may make some of your guests feel ill.

#16 nikicrosby

• 230 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 07:57 AM

I would pick the closer church. Spending that long on a bus in the heat could wear on some people.

#17 Alyssa

• 11,793 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 07:59 AM

I didn't read anyone elses replies so sorry if i am just repeating others but i say as long as you are providing R/T transportation pick the church YOU WANT!

50 min is not that big of a deal - provide bottled water on the bus both ways and maybe something else - like little snacks??

#18 *Nadine*

• 5,466 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:38 AM

I would definitely pick the closer church. Definitely sucks when you have to spend 2 hours travelling to and from the ceremony all dressed up.

#19 ~Nicole~

• 4,512 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:53 AM

Ultimately its your day and you should do what makes you happy, but if there isn't some sort of extraordinary preference or reason to add the extra travel time then I wouldn't. Stick with something closer so that people don't get too cranky in the heat all dressed up. 50 minutes might not sound like a big deal but it makes for a long day.
                    *Formerly Nikki07*
                    My Planning Thread

#20 ~*Lisa*~

• 2,287 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:55 AM

I personally wouldn't care but some people may want to travel less. Pick whatever makes you happy then you won't regret your decision.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users