Photo

Help! Is this dress to big/heavy??

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#11 handh0410

handh0410
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 02:30 PM

I think it's beautiful. It really compliments you and I love the details on the dress.

#12 ~Stephanie~

~Stephanie~
    • 3,347 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 02:40 PM

I think regardless you are going to be hot. I really think you should have the dress you love and I don't think it will be too formal. Stop worrying and enjoy it! :)
      ~Stephanie

Our wedding websitewww.mywedding.com/stephanieandmichaelbailey

#13 ~Debra~

~Debra~
      • 500 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 04:04 PM

I, too, had a dress that was very heavy. It had 4 layers to it and I was a little hot at the reception. I, however, would not change anything about my wedding dress because it was exactly what I wanted and I looked beautiful in it....as do you in yours. I would have definitely been disappointed had a gotten a more 'beachy' dress because regardless of where I was getting married, a 'beachy' dress is simply not what I wanted for my day. If you love the dress, ABSOLUTLEY get it!

#14 KristieF

KristieF
        • 64 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 04:13 PM

I agree with everyone else - you look amazing in the dress and so happy too! Definitely go with your heart and wear the dress you love, there are no rules other than that.

#15 aimee!

aimee!
          • 696 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 05:50 PM

i love love love it & i think you to do! stick with it!! i think that anything else will disappoint you. you might be hot, but you can deal with that... not loving the dress would be much worse. :)
            Wedding & TTD Slideshow (by Sascha Gluck)

#16 Bethany68

Bethany68
            • 42 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 06:10 PM

Stick with what you LOVE....you can make it through a little SWEAT!

#17 *Karla*

*Karla*
              • 4,854 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 10:28 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by future_mrs2010
                ps...nothing is inappropriate on YOUR dream day!
                I absolutely agree! Your dress is beautiful, and looks great on you. Don't second guess yourself. As long as you love it, that's all that matters. TTD pictures are always beautiful no matter what the bride is wearing. Just because you are having a DW doesn't mean you can't have a beautiful Cinderella type gown.

#18 Christylaughs

Christylaughs
                • 16 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 10:37 PM

Keep that dress and I think that you are going to be amazed at how pretty the TTD pics are going to be with that dress!

#19 Angela139

Angela139
                  • 455 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 09:58 AM

Thanks so much everyone! As always, you've made me feel better :) Also, I actually called my seamstress, she is going to take out a few layers (I'll be wearing one of those hoopy things for the wedding itself so it will still have its shape), hopefully that will reduce the heat factor, and make it a little more managable in the water during the TTD. :) I'm still considering a second dress for the TTD and/or just in case I get too hot... but we'll see. :)

#20 *Meagan*

*Meagan*
                    • 5,521 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 10:38 AM

I think that is a great idea! I was worried about the poofy of my dress as well and the seamstress said cutting out a few layers would be perfect for the look I wanted!!! Glad you're happy!!!! beautiful dress!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users