Photo

Island Time

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#11 jenninjamaica

jenninjamaica
  • 547 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 07:07 AM

The first time I went to Jamaica it was an adjustment getting used to their relaxed atmosphere, but once I did I loved it! It felt like a real vacation. But I think my parents will have a hard time, they are always EARLY for everything!!!!
    *~*JENN*~*

#12 hockeymom97

hockeymom97
    • 2,458 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 11:10 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by QueenDiva
      Three weeks ago I emailed the Rockhouse Hotel in Jamaica to reserve a villa for this September... still no response
      The first time I went to Jamaica it was an adjustment getting used to their relaxed atmosphere, but once I did I loved it! It felt like a real vacation. But I think my parents will have a hard time, they are always EARLY for everything!!!!
      So true - it does feel so much more like a vacation when you can lounge and not be rushed! I have memories of going on vacation when my brother and I were much younger, but my brother actually fell asleep with his head on the table because it took so long for our dinner to arrive at a restaurant in St. Marteen, lol. Definitely different than eating at restaurants here in Chicago when the wait staff is trying to turn the tables around as quickly as they can.
      Heather & Eric ~ May 5th, 2011 ~ Beaches Turks & Caicos

#13 ashly87

ashly87
      • 120 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 02:29 AM

just curious...what did the rates/policies end up being on the rehearsal dinner at Ricks Cafe when they finally got back to you?
        "I know nothing with any certainty but the sight of stars makes me dream" - Vincent Van Goh

#14 slapsappyhappy

slapsappyhappy
        • 443 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 08:37 AM

LOL! I am from NY but my relatives are Jamaican, and we always joke about "CPT" carribean people time because the whole carribean is on island time! So we would tell them 5:00 EST/4:30 CPT... The phrase is "me soon come" meaning I will get there when I get there and thats perfectly okay down there, but my neurotic NY guests will have a hard time coping with this! Something about NY/Long Island makes people psycho and impatient if they have to wait, they want everything right here and right now. If you are saying the Mexicans are the same that will be hilarious! Even going to the midwest or California with NY-ers is an adjustment so it will be interesting to see how they cope with Mexico time, lol!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users