Photo

kate.com's AHR PICS

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#31 ~Nicole~

~Nicole~
  • 4,512 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 10:52 AM

Kate those pics look amazing!! Everything looked great, including you :)
    *Formerly Nikki07*
    My Planning Thread

#32 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 8,921 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 10:57 AM

Thanks Ladies. We lucked out with the PERFECT weather and location.
      Abbie- check out my facebook... I have been tagged in a bunch of pics on there:)

#33 Brenda&Jeff09

Brenda&Jeff09
      • 220 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 09:45 AM

Looks great!! I love the idea of the farmers market for flowers... unfortunately, the farmers market in MN is only open during the summer, and our AHR is in Feb!
        http://tickers.Ticke....2315/event.png

22 booked... we're ready to go!!!

#34 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 8,921 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 10:15 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Brenda&Jeff09
          Looks great!! I love the idea of the farmers market for flowers... unfortunately, the farmers market in MN is only open during the summer, and our AHR is in Feb!
          Try Bachman's market fresh flowers... they come in bundles! For a good price.

#35 ~Stephanie~

~Stephanie~
          • 3,347 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 10:18 AM

Kate- everything looks amazing! I love the smores/fire pit! Looks like they have a fabulous house! very classy, love it!
            ~Stephanie

Our wedding websitewww.mywedding.com/stephanieandmichaelbailey

#36 Tilly in the Sun

Tilly in the Sun
            • 450 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 04:16 PM

Looks great! I love the colours

#37 jdrewett

jdrewett
              • 171 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 04:52 PM

Kate, great job on the AHR! We are planning to do something similar in my mom's backyard with a mexican theme? What would you do the same and different? If you don't mind me asking...How many ppl and what was your budget? I love it!
                -Jessica

#38 lily17bear

lily17bear
                • 217 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 05:09 PM

everything turned out wonderful, Kate. looks like everyone had an amazing time.

#39 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 8,921 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 05:12 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by jdrewett
                    Kate, great job on the AHR! We are planning to do something similar in my mom's backyard with a mexican theme? What would you do the same and different? If you don't mind me asking...How many ppl and what was your budget? I love it!
                    Thanks! It was super fun... and I think a mexican theme would be really neat! I had googled papel picado and there are several templates and patterns online... just an idea.
                    The most expensive part was the tent/table/linen rentals... It was $1800... I believe we had around 300 people... maybe a few more. I used linens on the tables and plastic on the serving tables- that worked out good and saved me $$.
                    The treats were made by my mom's friends that wanted to do something and dislayed on a desert/coffee table... they managed that well!

The only thing I wouldn't do again is make all of the food... granted the food was AMAZING because of it's freshness... but making kabobs at 6am is crazy, even if it is not your actual wedding day. Maybe you could have some mexican food catered and add your own touches We also hired a server to just remove garbage and stock drinks, directing the park cars etc. This was nice for our parents... they could enjoy during the celebration!
                    Let me know if you have any more questions:)

#40 jdrewett

jdrewett
                    • 171 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 05:39 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by kate.com
                      Thanks! It was super fun... and I think a mexican theme would be really neat! I had googled papel picado and there are several templates and patterns online... just an idea.
                      The most expensive part was the tent/table/linen rentals... It was $1800... I believe we had around 300 people... maybe a few more. I used linens on the tables and plastic on the serving tables- that worked out good and saved me $$.
                      The treats were made by my mom's friends that wanted to do something and dislayed on a desert/coffee table... they managed that well!

The only thing I wouldn't do again is make all of the food... granted the food was AMAZING because of it's freshness... but making kabobs at 6am is crazy, even if it is not your actual wedding day. Maybe you could have some mexican food catered and add your own touches We also hired a server to just remove garbage and stock drinks, directing the park cars etc. This was nice for our parents... they could enjoy during the celebration!
                      Let me know if you have any more questions:)
                      Yes, I definitely want to order some papel picado for the wedding and AHR! So cute! I'm hoping to get away with not doing a tent. My FIL has a family friend at our favorite Mexican food restaurant.

One of my best friend's had a backyard wedding and said the set up and breakdown was the worst. Her family spent so much time putting everything up, then having it ready for the rental pickup.

Thanks!
                      -Jessica

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users