What do you use for anniversary date?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 flbluiiis

• 184 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 12:38 PM

I'm sorry if this has already been discussed. I did try to search for "anniversary" and didn't see anything with a title that sounded like this.

Anyway... Those of you that got married legally before going to your DW... what do you use for your anniversary date? Would you use the legal date, or the ceremony date?

#2 alkoch

• 515 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 12:47 PM

For me I am using the ceremony date because that is when we will be married in the church, which for me is what signifies the start of the marriage when you make the sacrament. But even if I was just doing a beach side wedding I would want the date to be when all my friends and family were there, it seems more like the real wedding than the legal day IMO. Or you could just celebrate both!!! :)

#3 Boston Bride 2009

Boston Bride 2009
      • 268 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 12:52 PM

We are wondering the same thing. We actually had a civil ceremony in Boston in June with friends and family (65 people). My mom convinced me it was necessary because most people can't make our DW. I think we are going to celebrate our DW date...it's better....long weekend anniversaries because it's the day after Thanksgiving (some years of course).

#4 Kat81

• VIP Member
        • 7,615 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 01:16 PM

Today is my legal day anniversary and we decided to celebrate both! This will be our main one then on the anniversary of the Cancun wedding we will do dinner or something.

#5 sperger

• Banned
          • 474 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 03:24 PM

For us we're going to use the ceremony date because ours it's the same. If I was having two ceremonies I would still say ceremony date though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users