What day of the week are you getting married?

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#41 xoHeavenSentxo

• 172 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 05:00 PM

Ok, so I have been wondering this for awhile; what day of the week should the actual wedding day fall on? Friday? Saturday?

Also, are your guest flying up for the whole week? I was wondering if I should have the wedding on Thursday and let the guest have the next few days to themselves? I DONT KNOW!!!!!!!!!

Your help will be greatly appreciated!!

#42 JessicaANDJermaine

• 216 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 06:08 PM

I will bw getting married on a tuesday. We will be arriving with our guests the Friday before....this way after the wedding there is still plenty of time to party :)

#43 kpuckrin

• 258 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 07:22 PM

It might also be less busy and less expensive to get married on a week day versus a weekend. We're doing a cruise and are limited to getting married on a Tuesday because we chose St. Thomas to get married in and that's when the ship stops there.

Whatever you choose, I'm sure the guests would appreciate a few days of relaxation following the festivities.

#44 Laura22610

• 468 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 07:35 PM

I am getting married on a Friday. Most of our guests are arriving on Thursday and leaving on Monday. I think that, when you are having a DW, it doesn't really matter which day of the week :) I chose Friday because my mom and a couple of our other guests are teachers and they wouldn't be able to take off a lot of time during the week. This way, they only need to take off 3 days and still get a 5 day vacation!

#45 MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 10,366 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 07:40 PM

I have merged your thread with another thread asking the same questions.

#46 vlynnw

• 6,003 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 07:58 PM

Ours falls on a Friday, we chose the date not really the day, and we plan to arrive a week before hand to spend time with our guests, and the day after the wedding we are saying good-bye and heading off to our honeymoon for another week.
              Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#47 vdaybride

• 1,412 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 10:39 PM

Sunday, the Monday after is a holiday (President's Day) Looong weekend YAY!
                Married 2-14-2010 Dreams, Los Cabos

#48 sunstarsmoon

• 2,233 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 11:33 AM

We have chosen Wednesday, it just happen to be the date of our 5th anniversary of meeting
                  July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

#49 KJT1985

• 694 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 11:39 AM

We decided on a Tuesday. Random, I know. I really went back and forth with this. I wanted a spring wedding but my fiance insisted that we should do it in the winter so it would be a nice warm vacation for everybody (his family is in Canada, mine in Colorado). We decided on February and then I didn't want it too close to my mom/brothers birthday in the beginning or too close to valentines day so we were pretty limited. Our initial thinking was that a weekday would allow some people to come for a short period of time (3,4 days) and get cheaper flights since they would could limit air travel to weekdays. It was hard though because I also thought a weekend wedding would mean they had to take less time off work. You can't really win them all. We arrive on Sunday then the wedding is Tuesday. I like having it at the beginning of our week there so the rest of the time I can relax and not worry about wedding details.

#50 DarcyJAde

• 305 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 01:03 PM

Ours was Sunday before Colombus day. I was the only bride that day and preffered it that way :)

[/SIGPIC] 40 PEOPLE BOOKED!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users