Photo

What day of the week are you getting married?

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#31 J&MWedding

J&MWedding
  • 612 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 01:55 PM

I originally wanted a Saturday, but it was already taken, so we chose the Friday. It actually ended up being better than Saturday, because then our guests can have the day after to relax before going home.
    ~jill~

http://tickers.Ticke....56d6/event.png
    My Planning Thread40 people booked plus bride & groom

#32 drucky14

drucky14
    • 39 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 03:17 PM

We also wanted to do it on Saturday, but they didn't have it available. So instead we chose the Friday before and since everyone else is leaving on Monday, it gives them two full days to relax before heading back to reality.

#33 Amarillis

Amarillis
      • 1,913 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 03:41 PM

Wednesday was our day! you have to be in Cuba for 72 hrs before hand!

#34 kpuckrin

kpuckrin
        • 258 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 06:23 PM

We're going on a cruise and so the exact day isn't as big of a deal to me as the particular island...Wednesday will be our big day.

#35 *HOLLY*

*HOLLY*
          • Banned
          • 3,639 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 06:27 PM

We port in St.Thomas on a Friday so we are stuck with Friday. Our ACH will also be on a Friday its cheaper :)

#36 *~Tara~*

*~Tara~*
            • 56 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 06:34 PM

We're getting to the DR late on Saturday (we'll get the hotel around 10pm - stupid flight times!), and are getting married on the Monday. That gives us Sunday to meet with our planner and get everything organized. I want the wedding at the beginning of our trip as we're only going for a week, and I don't want to stress out throughout my entire vacation about the darn wedding! I want to enjoy myself - and I want to lay in the sun and not have to worry about tan lines in my wedding photos, which means I will only have to avoid the sun on Sunday! Monday may not be a popular choice, and others may think I'm crazy having the wedding so early in my trip, but we're really happy about our choice!

#37 KLaBate54

KLaBate54
              • 438 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 06:50 PM

We decided to go with Friday, so that everyone could make a long weekend out of it (for those who can't come the whole week), and then could also have a day to relax after the wedding before leaving on Sunday.
                *Katie*

#38 KimmyG

KimmyG
                • 520 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 06:53 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by YaelM
                  We chose Friday since we figured most ppl would probably fly back home on a Sunday and it gives them sat to hang out and relax.
                  Ditto. Didn't want to deal with people missing their flight the day after the wedding b/c they partied all night.

#39 *Karla*

*Karla*
                  • 4,854 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 07:19 PM

We are getting married on a Thursday. We chose New Year's Eve as our date, and that happened to fall on a Thursday.

#40 hockeymom97

hockeymom97
                    • 2,458 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 07:33 PM

I had a specific date in mind and didn't care what day of the week it fell on - mine just happens to be Wednesday. But I would have kept my May 5 date, regardless of what date it fell on. Our family and friends wanted it to be on a Sat so people could come down for just a long weekend but I would not budge, lol.
                      Heather & Eric ~ May 5th, 2011 ~ Beaches Turks & Caicos

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users