Gift Giving Traditions - Posted on Friend's Website

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 laura b

laura b
  • 334 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 03:28 AM

I have one thing to say about this:

HOW DARE YOU TALK ABOUT MY WEBSITE AND MY GIFT GIVING REGULATIONS WHEN I'M RIGHT HERE! THEY ARE JUST STRICT RULES ABOUT HOW YOU SHOULD TREAT ME THAT EVERYONE MUST ABIDE BY! JUST TRYING TO MAKE THINGS EASIER!

haha, just joking. it's not really my website.

but I DO have one thing to say about this, which is:

what gets into people?

#22 tvt

tvt
    • VIP Member
    • 4,812 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 09:36 AM

Courtney, I have to vote NO WAY IN HELL should you send this greedy girl a gift!!!!!!!!!!!!

#23 SusanK

SusanK
      • VIP Member
      • 2,685 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 09:58 AM

I'm in shock....please excuse me as I lift my jaw off the ground. Unbelievable!
        Susan&Matt 10-12-07, Mia Lily 7-9-08, Charlie David 6-28-10

#24 Jessica

Jessica
        • VIP Member
        • 11,939 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 10:01 AM

"*If you receive an invitation, even if you can't attend the wedding, it is expected you will send a gift."

This sounds exactly like my friend who is getting married in December, in fact, the whole list does! She is totally the same way, practically demanding gifts from everyone she knows. May I add she bought me a set of 4 napkins (on sale for $1.50 each) for my wedding gift. I know it's the thought that counts, but this is kind of unfair when she pretty much told me she's expecting a $350 bed comforter from me.

Some people are just absolutely disgusting when it comes to gift greediness.

#25 -Kate-

-Kate-
          • VIP Member
          • 7,676 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 10:06 AM

Court - WIll you please get her the ugliest, worst gift you can find? Like one of those tissue box covers with fake birds or flowers glued to it. If she asks just tell her you didn't know she registered anywhere.

#26 *JillD*

*JillD*
            • 5,112 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 10:22 AM

I can't believe someone would have the nerve to post something like this on their website!!! It is so unbelievably rude & tacky!!!

If I were invited to a wedding and couldn't attend, I would send a gift if it was someone I was close to. But if it were someone I didn't even talk to or like anymore, I wouldn't send anything, especially if I felt I was only invited to get a gift.

She's got some nerve!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users