Photo

Hair and make-up artist??

• Please log in to reply
224 replies to this topic

#201 mrspfafftobe

mrspfafftobe
  • 58 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 05:44 AM

I am incredibly blessed to have a sister who works in the beauty industry! She is a top hair stylist in our hometown so she did my hair and 6 others in our wedding party. My wedding coordinator told her that she should move to Playa and she would book all of her brides with her!! haha

A month before my wedding I went to Sephora to get the right products to do my own bridal makeup. With only a $50 minimum purchase (I ended up spending $250 lol) you get a full trial by a pro and instruction on exactly how to do it yourself. I brought pictures of the look I was going for which was helpful. The person I went to was amazing with the application and knew exactly what she was doing and how to teach me to do it myself. I'm really glad I did it this way and now I have all the products and knowledge to make myself beautiful every day!

#202 holls213

holls213
    • 43 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:29 PM

Hey Ladies!  If anyone is looking for a phenomenal make up artist in the Cancun/riviera maya/Playa area I HIGHLY recommend Norma Perez with MAC make up!!! she was AMAZING!!  I was a little nervous because I didn't have a picture or anything of what I was looking for make up wise and just planned on kind of winging it haha.  Fortunately, I had nothing to worry about because it was absolutely perfect!  I told her I just wanted a soft look with dramatic eyes and she completely nailed the look.  I also didn't get to see anything she was doing until she was totally finished, which again made me nervous, but I didn't have her change a thing afterward.  She was very reasonably priced and brought the best hairstylist with her who did all of my bridesmaids and my hair.  They were both wonderful and very professional.  Hope this helps :)

#203 KristieT

KristieT
      • 430 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by holls213 

Hey Ladies!  If anyone is looking for a phenomenal make up artist in the Cancun/riviera maya/Playa area I HIGHLY recommend Norma Perez with MAC make up!!! she was AMAZING!!  I was a little nervous because I didn't have a picture or anything of what I was looking for make up wise and just planned on kind of winging it haha.  Fortunately, I had nothing to worry about because it was absolutely perfect!  I told her I just wanted a soft look with dramatic eyes and she completely nailed the look.  I also didn't get to see anything she was doing until she was totally finished, which again made me nervous, but I didn't have her change a thing afterward.  She was very reasonably priced and brought the best hairstylist with her who did all of my bridesmaids and my hair.  They were both wonderful and very professional.  Hope this helps :)

Hi Holls213,

Do you have any pictures of the hair and makeup for yourself and bridesmaids? I have Norma booked at the moment-would love to see her recent work!

#204 holls213

holls213
        • 43 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 06:04 PM

PM me your email address and I can send them to you, the files are too big to post :(

#205 Matt Adcock

Matt Adcock
          • Vendor
          • 1,243 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by KristieT 

Hi Holls213,

Do you have any pictures of the hair and makeup for yourself and bridesmaids? I have Norma booked at the moment-would love to see her recent work!

Hola KristieT,

We recently had the pleasure to do a wedding with Norma and here are a few images you of her work:

Norma only did Savi's makeup (very professional). Hair was done by: http://www.haircancun.com.mx.

You can view the entire wedding HERE. It was a gorgeous event!!!

Happy planning :)

#206 KristieT

KristieT
            • 430 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 02:16 PM

Beautiful thanks so much!

#207 nursebrooke

nursebrooke
              • 95 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by holls213 

Hello!

Can you tell me how to get ahold of Norma? And what was her cost?

Thanks!

Life is better with your best friend, that's why I am marrying mine <3

#208 JessiTaylor

JessiTaylor
                • 296 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:39 PM

anyone heard of tania tagle? she quoted me 240 dollars for airbrush makeup. not certain whether the hairdo was included or not

#209 pjmendoza

pjmendoza
                  • 26 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 04:28 AM

I used Norma for my August 3rd wedding and I used a stylist that works with her. I definitely recommend them. I have not recieved my wedding pictures yet and only recieved a few from friends but they are not close up pictures.

They were both awesome. 

Her email address is nor_maccancunhotmail.com

and this is the website she emailed me to look at.

http://normazuramamkup.webmium.com/

Attached Files

#210 Courtney Hooker

Courtney Hooker
                    • 25 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 04:15 PM

I used Norma from Ultrafemme. She and her stylist Moses by far exceeded my expectations. I am super picky about my hair and makeup and was very nervous, but Norma is so professional, friendly, and fantastic. One of the best decisions I made in regards to my wedding. You won't be disappointed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users