224 replies to this topic

#11 Matt Adcock

Matt Adcock
  • Vendor
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 11:17 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by NaM
    I just hired Fernando and will be using him next week. He doesn't do hair..but he brings someone who does so yes, it's a package deal.
    We love working with Fernando!

del Sol will see you soon Amiga! Nov 21 is almost around the corner! No hurricanes either

#12 ddk5576

ddk5576
    • 209 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 05:28 PM

Ok, I have a question or two?!! :)
      1.) Will Sara do make-up even if Del Sol isn't the photographer? (I am bringing my photographer from home) If so, I can't find her contact info. (or I am having a blonde moment?) I keep getting directed to the DelSol blog.
      2.) Can Fernando just do make-up no hair? (Have a friend/professional doing my hair from NY)

We are doing a TTD Friday or Sat. & getting married Sun. (So thinking I need someone 2 days?)
      Thanks for the help/info!!

#13 ddk5576

ddk5576
      • 209 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 05:30 PM

Matt-
        You guys ROCK and I get chills when viewing/talking about your TTD sessions!! The Cenote/water shots are truly breathtaking - my faves!!! Such creativity!! :)

#14 delauren

delauren
        • 84 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 07:14 PM

I also just hired Fernando, after using him this past weekend for my trial make-up (he brought someone else for hair). I live in Los Angeles and had someone do a trial here so I could get an idea of what I wanted and let me tell you, Fernando outdid the Los Angeles woman by ten-fold. He is amazing!! He also has a great energy that will be welcome on my wedding day in May 2010.

He is a bit pricey but hey, what's more important than looking your best on your wedding day? :)

#15 ddk5576

ddk5576
          • 209 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 11:12 PM

delauren-
            When are you getting married and what location? Need to know if Fernando is even an option for me. Thanks for the info!! :)

#16 Lady_Di

Lady_Di
            • 5,078 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 12:34 PM

I have been in talks with Norma and Fernado...they are so extremely nice. I am undecided between them...i wasn't clear with Fernando if his pricing is in pesos or us dollars in his last email.

Oops realized that Norma was mentioned in another hair/makeup thread. She works at MAC in cancun and will go to your resort but not sure if she will charge a travel fee depending on the location. I am getting married in playa del carmen so she is not charging me any travel fee. PM me if you want her info/pricing.

#17 NaM

NaM
              • 2,256 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 12:53 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Matt Adcock
                We love working with Fernando!

del Sol will see you soon Amiga! Nov 21 is almost around the corner! No hurricanes either
                I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#18 SandalGirl

SandalGirl
                • 109 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 02:18 AM

I have been talking to Fernando as well and hair and makeup with him will be 330 US dollars in the Mayan.
                  March 4, 2010 ~ Mayan Riviera, Mexico
                  http://robynplanningbio.weebly.com/

#19 ddk5576

ddk5576
                  • 209 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 07:05 PM

Does anyone know if any of these makeup artists do airbrush? Or who in the Tulum/RM/Playa area does the airbrush technique? I have googled and googled and can't seem to get any good leads. Maybe I am missing something?! Thanks much!! :)

#20 NaM

NaM
                    • 2,256 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 07:14 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by ddk5576
                      Does anyone know if any of these makeup artists do airbrush? Or who in the Tulum/RM/Playa area does the airbrush technique? I have googled and googled and can't seem to get any good leads. Maybe I am missing something?! Thanks much!! :)
                      Can't think of any of hand but I'm not sure airbrushing would be the best option for a wedding in the hot sun anyway. You probably want some kinda of forever stay make up or def something non transferable so you don't get it on everyone/everything your touch. I think airbrushing would come off as soon as you sweat. I'll ask Fernando when I see him next week and give you a lead if I find anything out!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users