• Please log in to reply
224 replies to this topic

#101 RunningBride24

RunningBride24
  • 539 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 02:31 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jesmcan
    yes the $330 is just for the bride and than make up for BM's is $80 and hair depending on the length starts at $45 - $75

So is the $330 for both the brides hair and makeup? Also, did/will all of you ladies tip him? And if so, how much?

Thanks for the info! :)
    ~The future Mrs. Thompson~10*10*10

#102 julieswedding

julieswedding
    • 89 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 04:19 PM

My daughter was just married at Aventura Spa Palace and had her hair and makeup done in their salon. It only cost $86 and she looked amazing. She took a photo of how she wanted her hair and showed it to them and they did a more than perfect job! Check out her photos:

http://share.shutter....1AZNGbNm5Zs3LA

#103 FutureMrsRell

FutureMrsRell
      • 82 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 10:44 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by julieswedding
        My daughter was just married at Aventura Spa Palace and had her hair and makeup done in their salon. It only cost $86 and she looked amazing. She took a photo of how she wanted her hair and showed it to them and they did a more than perfect job! Check out her photos:

Shutterfly | View share
        How did her makeup hold up? Do you know what brand they use?

#104 julieswedding

julieswedding
        • 89 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 09:29 AM

Perdect, all day long! I think it was Lancome.

#105 Jackie22

Jackie22
          • 336 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 10:06 PM

I got a mani/pedi the day before the wedding at ASP with beatriz at the salon and she did a great job!

#106 StephyD

StephyD
            • 342 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 08:30 PM

Are you all paying for your bridesmaids' makeup and hair?? I have 3 bridesmaid and I would like to pay for them... but I'm thinking of hiring Fernando Fuentes also and it would add up to more than 1000$ for everyone... it seems a bit much. They could always go to the resort's beauty salon to get their hair and makeup done but I would really like for them to get ready with me. We would just all have a good time if we were all together!

#107 giraffexx

giraffexx
              • 498 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 09:17 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by StephyD
                Are you all paying for your bridesmaids' makeup and hair?? I have 3 bridesmaid and I would like to pay for them... but I'm thinking of hiring Fernando Fuentes also and it would add up to more than 1000$ for everyone... it seems a bit much. They could always go to the resort's beauty salon to get their hair and makeup done but I would really like for them to get ready with me. We would just all have a good time if we were all together!
                I also have 3 bridesmaids and am using Fernando. I originally wanted to pay for both hair and make up but ending up deciding just to pay for their hair. As you said the cost would be $1000 + If they want to get their make up done they have the option to do it if they want to but they will have to pay for it.

#108 Boo

Boo
                • 785 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 09:28 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by giraffexx
                  I also have 3 bridesmaids and am using Fernando. I originally wanted to pay for both hair and make up but ending up deciding just to pay for their hair. As you said the cost would be $1000 + If they want to get their make up done they have the option to do it if they want to but they will have to pay for it.
                  Hey we have the same date, have you already hired Fernando or are you just thinking of using him? I am also debating between him and Ilka, do you know who his hair person is, for me hair is more important and it seems what he is known for it make up. Yikes, what a stressor.

#109 giraffexx

giraffexx
                  • 498 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 09:32 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Boo
                    Hey we have the same date, have you already hired Fernando or are you just thinking of using him? I am also debating between him and Ilka, do you know who his hair person is, for me hair is more important and it seems what he is known for it make up. Yikes, what a stressor.
                    Hello wedding twin :)

I already have hired him. He is bringing a hair person but I don't know who he or she is. I've seen pictures on here of other girls hair that his colleague did and they all looked beautiful. I'm having him and the hair person come to my hotel the day before my wedding to do a trial so that there are no surprises the day of.

Agreed, it is stressful to wait till the last minute to see what kind of work they do in person but I am trying to remain optimistic.

Good luck!

#110 Lady_Di

Lady_Di
                    • 5,078 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 09:55 AM

Here is a shot of my makeup so you can see my eye makeup...i had mine done by Norma from MAC Cancun. She did a great job! Her partner did my bridesmaids.

$60 for bridesmaid
                      $110 for bride

Click the image to open in full size.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users