Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
BellaBeachBabe

Hair and make-up artist??

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesmcan View Post
I am using Fernando for my 4 brides maids and moh and me for hair and makeup.

I was trying to figure this out as well. I figured an hour and a half.
Quote:
Originally Posted by giraffexx View Post
Thanks! I was thinking a similar time frame 1.5 - 2 hours.

It took over an hour for hair and make up just for me...none of my BM or mom got their hair nor make up done...I may look into asking him to stay longer, but double check with him, he'll know best!!
Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by giraffexx View Post
Thanks NaM!

Does anyone know why the big price difference between the trial $180 and wedding day $330?
I was wondering the same thing! Honestly - I'm coming from NY and these prices are just about comparable to what they charge Manhattan! Am I naive or does this seem pretty high compared to other markets?

what.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No I was thinking the exact same thing and I don't live in New York! Not to mention you more than likely will have to pay for day passes to get them on to the resort. But maybe we are wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalanyc View Post
I was wondering the same thing! Honestly - I'm coming from NY and these prices are just about comparable to what they charge Manhattan! Am I naive or does this seem pretty high compared to other markets?

what.gif
I agree, that's close to what I've paid in the city before too. I thought I'd end up paying a little less than that. But Fernando's work is amazing and who doesn't want to look gorgeous on their big day. I'm just curious why there's a $150 difference between the trial and wedding day. It seems like a big difference to me. I emailed him asking him so I will let you know what he says.

To the brides that have already booked or used Fernando. Did he have you deposit money into his sisters Chase account for your deposit? Just want to make sure it's safe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by giraffexx View Post
is anyone having Fernando do hair and make up for anyone other than themselves? I want him to do my 2 bridesmaids as well and I trying to figure out what time to have him arrive at the hotel.
I think it's better to leave more time for hair & make-up because you want to make sure you look your best on your wedding day and not be rushed. I was thinking 1-1.5hrs for myself and 45min for each of my bm's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, sending it to his sister's account is legit. She lives in Chicago so it helps you also cause there is no international transfers.

Not sure about the price change...maybe cause he stays longer on the wedding day? And maybe cause that's just standard wedding day price but the trial is what he would charge just for makeup on any given dayhuh.gif

You won't regret using him though...he's fab :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by giraffexx View Post
I agree, that's close to what I've paid in the city before too. I thought I'd end up paying a little less than that. But Fernando's work is amazing and who doesn't want to look gorgeous on their big day. I'm just curious why there's a $150 difference between the trial and wedding day. It seems like a big difference to me. I emailed him asking him so I will let you know what he says.
I'm curious to see what he says, and although I do think he is charging US prices for a Mexico market....I think the price difference makes sense.

If his rate is $330 for his makeup application, then essentially it's a discounted rate, and he's really offering a $150 discount because it's just a trial, and he's taking the chance that you will like it and book him for the real thing. Kinda like how cake tasting is free...

I can't decide what to do...I do want the best for my wedding day but his prices is the same as the flight to Mexico cost me! Uggghh...what to do...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipotle99 View Post
I'm curious to see what he says, and although I do think he is charging US prices for a Mexico market....I think the price difference makes sense.

If his rate is $330 for his makeup application, then essentially it's a discounted rate, and he's really offering a $150 discount because it's just a trial, and he's taking the chance that you will like it and book him for the real thing. Kinda like how cake tasting is free...

I can't decide what to do...I do want the best for my wedding day but his prices is the same as the flight to Mexico cost me! Uggghh...what to do...
The other thing is for example I decided to do my trial the night before. We are having our photographer for the welcome dinner so I though hey make up will be done. And when he is done with the hair I am going to ask him if he can quickly change it to another style so its not the same as the wedding. Voila now I have hair and make up for the welcome dinner to :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Hi Everyone, So, I was cleaning out my closet and realized that I never sold off my extra wedding OOT bag stuff from our wonderful DW.   46 Daily Spanish for Dummies 30 Pool colored OOT fabric bags - approximately 13in x 13in. They lay flat.  I used them for our wedding and they were perfect for everything we needed to fit in each bag. There’s a slight shade variation in the group; I’m guessing some were cut from a different bolt of fabric.  They are also a little wrinkled from storage and will probably be wrinkled from shipping. I have three additional ones, but they somehow got something on them (likely toddler related). If needed, I can try to wash it out and send those as well. 
    • I’m getting married in six months to my foreign girlfriend. I was advised by a friend that one of the things I need to do before saying I do is to get a prenuptial agreement. Basically it’s supposed to protect my assets and properties in case my relationship with my future wife goes down the drain. I don’t know though if this is an acceptable practice when marrying Kiev ladies. I don’t want to do it if it would be insulting on her end. I need advice on this. Please help me.
    • So we are currently looking for an all inclusive resort for the wedding. We have 60 guests and found all the Dreams resorts as options and all of them gave us a quote and discounted price since it’s off season etc. Resorts in Punta Canta gave us a reasonable price, Dominicus gave us a really good deal then La Romana Resort and Spa gave us their regular price and so hard to negotiate. Will someone tell us how special is this resort that they won’t give us a good discount when all my guests are staying in their resort for 5-8 days. We are bringing $$$ in their resort and not give us a discount?  What is so special with this resort?  Can somebody recommend a beautiful resort? 
    • Hello Everyone, Share your favorite wedding venues. And also give me a Solution. I choose Wedding Venues in mobile al the Anne-marie cottage.
    • Hello Jania! are you bringing any external vendor for your wedding?
  • Topics

×