Photo

Boo Hoo - Clothes from last year fit an 8 year old

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 SDSteph

SDSteph
  • 812 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 04:58 PM

So I finally decided to clean out some of my old clothes that I know I will never fit into again and gave them to a really neat 8 year old girl on the street. I am really excited they fit her and that shee loves my clothes and hate that I can't fit into them any more. Some of the clothes I wore last year.

I feel like I will never be that size again and it makes me sad.

Steph and Kel Mayan Riveria - February 2011http://www.stephnkelwedding.com

#2 jajajaja

jajajaja
    • VIP Member
    • 9,794 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 05:29 PM

I think it's ok to be bigger than an 8 yr old so you shouldn't beat yourself up. :)

Plus now you can get new clothes while also doing a good deed by giving your old ones away. :)
      Happily married since 2008

#3 tylersgirl

tylersgirl
      • 1,681 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 05:48 PM

That was really sweet of you. I love the feeling of giving someone something they need. Plus, you are tiny girl. I saw you in your pics of the different wedding dresses.

#4 sperger

sperger
        • Banned
        • 474 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 05:52 PM

I think when it comes to your closet, less really is more (heck, I live in NY, i don't have a choice), and a good deed. I agree with the other girls, you have nothing to worry about!

#5 SDSteph

SDSteph
          • 812 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 07:46 PM

Thanks ladies, I was just having a stupid sad moment. I need to go work out so that I am not sad anymore about gaining weight.

#6 The Mandy in Chandy

The Mandy in Chandy
            • 307 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 11:12 AM

I agree that being bigger than an 8 year old is a good thing! Embrace your new curves!

#7 sweetiekris

sweetiekris
              • 41 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 11:17 AM

As long as you feel good about yourself thats all the matters. Its nice that you made a lil girls day!

#8 ShelbyFL

ShelbyFL
                • 211 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 11:32 AM

That was really nice of you to give those clothes to her! I need to clean out my closet and get rid of my clothes I know I iwll never wear again. I have jeans I wore before FI and I were together (6 years ago!) that I am waiting to fit into again. Ha! I need to give it up already. Thanks for inspiring me to clean out my own closet. You did a great thing and we all need to love and accept ourselves for who we are! And I think we should all be bigger than an 8 year old!!

Hugs!

#9 SDSteph

SDSteph
                  • 812 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 01:05 PM

Yea funny how it is hard to get rid of those things sometimes...........its like your accepting who you are now and not looking back at the past...............I guess we all weighted 10 pounds at some point in our lives :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users