I was just wondering if anyone knew the policy/law on fireworks in RM. My wc says the Xcaret doesnt do them, so i was thinking about maybe doing the welcome dinner somewhere else that will allow me to do them. Anyone knew of any public or private places that allow fireworks?

Hello!

Yes, it is true. Normally it is not allowed and if you can get a professional to do it is extremly expensive compared with other mexican cities.

I am searching one for a september wedding. If i find a good and cheap one will let you know!!

Best Regards,

Yazmin.

I was married at EDR, and they told me NO fireworks, sparklers or fire dancers were allowed at this resort since a lot of the roofs were grass.

I am getting married at Riu Palace Riviera Maya in Playa del Carmen. They told me that they can do a firework show... it is a minimum of 40 minutes and the cost was $1,000. Professionals have to do it. Hope this helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adias.angel View Post
So the hotel arranges it for you? Or do you have to find an outside company to arrange it with?
They would arrange it for me.

Hi. I see that you posted a while ago, but hopefully you can help me. I am getting married at the RIU palace in RM and would love to have a fireworks show. Did you have the show at your wedding? If so how was it?