Sign in to follow this  
boscobel

any Beaches brides?

I was about to go crazy! I thought I was getting screwed!

See, I also think I am freaking out cuz there are quite a few Jamaica brides on here, but almost everyone choose Riu and I am so scared that I should have too!!

<edit> I am totally an over-analyzer, so this wedding stuff is super hard for me

If I'm not mistaken, the RIU is a lot cheaper than Beaches... which could be the main deciding factor for most people. I know I've looked at Beaches, and I would LOVE to have a wedding there and I think my entire family would love the resort... it's just not economical at this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlseege View Post
If I'm not mistaken, the RIU is a lot cheaper than Beaches... which could be the main deciding factor for most people. I know I've looked at Beaches, and I would LOVE to have a wedding there and I think my entire family would love the resort... it's just not economical at this time.
I am 100% in agreement with this!! I chose the Riu because it was MUCH cheaper than Beachers. I would have loved Beacher - but definitely was not in the budget. I'm sure things will come together and work out perfectly!!! smile159.gif No worries!!!

Well, I am glad to hear the only reason there aren't more Beaches brides is $, cuz I was beginning to wonder what you all knew that I didn't!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlymcmullen View Post
Well, I am glad to hear the only reason there aren't more Beaches brides is $, cuz I was beginning to wonder what you all knew that I didn't!
haha, don't worry!!! smile03.gif

I have been off for a few hours and was thinking about you so checked back in. I'm so glad you're feeling good about it again!!! It looks fabolous and the reviews I read were so great! I'm sure it will all come together.

And I totally understand the over analyzing thing rolleyes.gif I can be a b*tch sometimes!

You should try looking on trip advisor for pics of weddings at Beaches. I found quite a few pics of weddings at Riu on there. There may also be some reviews and/or comments to look at.

I have always wanted to go to Beaches. FI and I really wanted to take our son because Ive only ever heard good about it, but it was the cost that kept us away. It was going to cost us around $6000 to go away for a week! And my son is only 16 months old so that was way too much. I think it is a gorgeous looking resort, and the pp fee seems to be at most resorts. Also, I can kind of understand the privacy policy with pics. Honestly, I wouldnt want just anyone to be able to request photos of my wedding, especiall with kids in them. I really hope that you still with Beaches and have a great time!!

OK, so I just took my own advice and looked up Beaches on Trip Advisor and found quite a few wedding reviews, all very positive. Don't worry, you'll be in Jamaica, what more do you need than a sandy beach and a drink in your hand.