August 2010 Brides!

• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

#21 merocket59

• 937 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 01:48 PM

I'm leaving tomorrow, thanks to all my August 2009 brides for listening to me vent for sooo long!! Best of luck to all!! I'm out of time to make my planning thread, I'll do it after along with a review.

#22 hunniebee724

• 340 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 05:51 PM

I'm getting married on 08.19.2010. So far we've sent out our save the date packets, booked our cruise, ceremony and reception, booked the dj and sent in the cake form.

Right now we're waiting for people to get their cruise deposits in.

I haven't gone dress shopping yet, but I'm going to start that next month.

#23 randp8910

• 30 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 11:28 AM

Hi Ladies! I am so glad this thread is growing! We just got back from doing site inspections at Riviera Maya, and I'm sad to say I feel like we are starting over :-( Our top choice resort was awful...ugh...Dreams Puerto Adventura was not at all what it looks like on the pictures. We did really like Adventura Cove Palace, but it is pretty expensive. We are now considering the hotel that we actually stayed at for our trip haha go figure!

So, I am trying to figure out when to send out save the dates and invites...can you just send them together...or is it too soon? I want to give our guests as much info as possible right away so I thought maybe I would just send the invites now. Thoughts?
        Riviera Maya
        August 2010

#24 August2010Bride

• 369 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 07:11 PM

I think it would be acceptable to send the invites early.. that way you wouldn't need STD's as well. Its truly up to you. We sent our STD's 22 months before the date... We will send formal invites 4 months before the wedding.

#25 August2010Bride

• 369 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 02:22 PM

Anything new with you ladies? I've booked my venue for my AHR! I also am proud to say that my fiance and I have saved enough $$ for our total budget!!! We may get to go on that cruise honeymoon AFTER ALL!!

#26 blondeambition

• 7 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 10:26 AM

I'm thinking August 2010 too (maybe Aug 28 - Sept 4, something like that) and so far I've done... nothing! Hah. I'm having a hard time just choosing the destination. Too many conflicting opinions, desires and then throw in money concerns... Eek.

#27 Jennyco116

• 115 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 04:04 PM

Hey August 2010 Brides.....

Doesn't it seem like time is flying by. I told my sister that I have a to do list for a to do list - its gotten that crazy. My save the dates went out 2 weeks ago and I am trying to have my invites finalized by the end of this month. We have deposits on everyting so that makes me feel better. I think that my friends and family are more excited about this than we are at times. There is still so much to do in what seems like a blink of an eye....

Jen C

#28 August2010Bride

• 369 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 08:14 AM

8 months and counting ladies!! I've had a busy semester in Nursing School, and Fiance is graduating from Nursing this May!! Not to mention we are thinking of buying a house!!!

I have so much things to take care of during winter break (videographer, paying rest of deposits, etc)

#29 August2010Bride

• 369 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 08:01 AM

Just an update! I'm mailing off the deposit for our hotel today!! One thing checked off my ever-growing list...also next week we are purchasing our flights :)

How is everyone else doing?

#30 kwaits

• 98 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 05:10 PM

Hi Ladies! I just found this thread and I am sooo excited! I am also an August 2010 bride. We are getting married on 8-9-10 in Key West. So far I have decided to use EZ Weddings in Paradise for my wedding package. They have great prices and their pictures are the best for my budget. I have been emailing them and they are so quick to respond and have been super helpful. We are going to get married on Smathers Beach at sunset and then have a dinner reception somewhere...I would like to find a beach restaurant where we can sit outside. So far there are around 25 people coming :-)

Other than that I haven't done much.

I am looking for interesting ideas on ways to incorporate my guests into the ceremony, so if anyone has idea please let me know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users