August 2010 Brides!

We had a get together today with everyone who's going with us to go over the itinerary. It's starting to feel very real! We leave for Ireland in 4 weeks. All I can say is, Thank God for our planner. She is worth her weight in gold.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwaits View Post
My trip was wonderful! Im so gald that I went because it made me a LOT more relaxed about everything. I haven't been stressed about anything so far which is wonderful. It turns out that Key west is even better than I imagined!! We decided to get married on Smather's beach (I think at entrance 10) and then have our reception dinner at Louie's Backyard. We will have the whole upstairs wine bar to ourselves. :-) My wedding planner is Cathy from THe HIp Tourist. I met with her while I was there and she is wonderful! Does everything you can possibly imagine. I am sending her all of my welcome bag items and she is going to put them together and deliver them to the hotel rooms before the guests arrive. So great! Im getting more and more excited by the day!!
Are you getting your marriage license through the mail or just waiting until you get there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennyco116 View Post
Are you getting your marriage license through the mail or just waiting until you get there?
Can you get it through the mail? I didn't know that. We are going to Savannah, GA in July so we are going to stop in FL when we go and get it then. I figure if worse comes to worse we can get it when we get there. I don't think it would be a problem since we are getting married on a weekday.

We picked out the tuxes today, and I have my first fitting on Monday! I'm in the process of putting together a pre-cruise newsletter right now, and then I'll start on the key card holders. We'll probably go to NYC either next week or the week after to get our marriage license.

Quote:
Originally Posted by August2010Bride View Post
My wedding is a month away!!! So excited. Looks as if we will have 37 guests joining us! Time is flying!
No kidding time does fly!!!
What are we all going to do once all this crazy planning is over?!?!? i know im gonna be bored!

I can't believe how quickly the time has gone by. It seems like just yesterday i had 6months left, and now it's down to 4 weeks :-) I still have a lot of things to do, but it's mostly just crafty things Im doing for the guests. I made luggage tags for everyone going using pictures of Key West that I took while on my planning trip. They were easy and basically free to make. Im a teacher so I have access to a laminator which helps :-) I am also working on welcome books for all the guests. I stole the idea from a user on BDW and Im excited to see how they turn out. Last night my FI and I spent 2 hours burning the edges of the maps to make them look old and worn like pirate treasure maps. They turned out really cute. I can't wait for everyone to see them. :-)