August 2010 Brides!

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sent out the invitations last week and received our first response yesterday! We're getting married on embarkation day, so we have both cruising (obviously know who they are) and non-cruising guests....hopefully the non-cruising guests will get their response cards back by the May 15th deadline!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunniebee724 View Post
Sent out the invitations last week and received our first response yesterday! We're getting married on embarkation day, so we have both cruising (obviously know who they are) and non-cruising guests....hopefully the non-cruising guests will get their response cards back by the May 15th deadline!

I'm so excited for you! If you're anything like I was, getting that first response card back was like the highlight of my day. I was so exciting. It put things in perspective like "ok, we're really getting married" lol.

Good luck getting the rest of you RSVP's. My due date for them was March 15 and I have still to get 7 back (mind you, I only sent out 24 invites)!!!! Frustrating to say the least. But I wish you the best of luck with everything. Cruise wedding? That's so exciting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JENISE View Post
I'm so excited for you! If you're anything like I was, getting that first response card back was like the highlight of my day. I was so exciting. It put things in perspective like "ok, we're really getting married" lol.

Good luck getting the rest of you RSVP's. My due date for them was March 15 and I have still to get 7 back (mind you, I only sent out 24 invites)!!!! Frustrating to say the least. But I wish you the best of luck with everything. Cruise wedding? That's so exciting!
Thanks! I was so excited, but also a little surprised that it was my dad's best friend and not a family member! I called my dad and told him to thank D for being so prompt! We made the deadline May 15th because we knew people would probably be late with the responses, and if their info isn't submitted to Carnival by the actual deadline of July 19th, they won't be allowed to board the ship. This way I have time to deal with the late people without getting stressed out, and it also gives non-sailing guests enough time to change their minds and come cruising with us.

We chose a cruise wedding because there are people, like our older relatives, who we really wanted at the wedding but knew couldn't travel. This gives us the best of both worlds!

I hope you get the rest of your responses back! I will never understand why people can't just sent them back.

• 3 weeks later...

3 months to go ladies! Im getting excited. Now that school is winding down I have more time to focus on wedding planning :-) My mom and I leave Sat. for Key West to scout reception locations, meet with the WC and do a trial run of my hair style. Still trying to decide on a style I like. Hope everyone's planning is coming along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by August2010Bride View Post
We're under 4 months ladies!! Our MIB invites went out 2 days ago!!
Other than that I'm on the lookout for decor for our AHR. The next few weeks will be crazy with us closing on our new home and moving ARGGHH!!!
I am August 7th too!!!!!!!! I know how you feel about the house...we are building! ahhhh! 3 months and 1 day!!!

• 4 weeks later...

I can't even believe we leave for Ireland in less than 2 months. I think I'm in good shape, but I have a panicky feeling. Once we get the final counts in next week, we'll be able to finalize the rest of our plans. It amazes me that there are still people who aren't sure whether they're going or not. :-)

I cant believe i'm done to about 2 1/2 months. Time is flying so fast and I still have a lot to do. Good thing I am having a small wedding. i just got all the bridal party wear today. Which were only have a MOH, BM, flower girl and ring boy. My MOH already had her dress I was just having a hard time finding something that the BM could wear that matched cause her dress is taupe/champange and it was hard cause he's not wearing a suit but I finally found something today that actually works. One reason it was hard is because he is very small and everytime I found something that worked they only had large sizes. But thats one thing checked off my list and a million things left. haha

Hope everyone else is doing good or done with everything.

Well things are coming along for us... got the raffia fans and table numbers finished... Next week I'll work on my mock centerpieces. Ordered my earrings from etsy and some brooches: One for my bracelet and another for my bouquet...Still deciding if we will write our own vows, picking ceremony music, and picking a welcome dinner location. I'm ready to scream!! Can't believe it... 63 days and counting :)