Mixie23's Dreams Tulum Wedding Review (Parts 1 & 2)

Your review sounds amazing. Your dinner literally made my mouth water (time for breakfast now!). I'm so glad you liked Vincent, it's who we booked and I'm so excited to see your pictures. Congratulations and thanks for posting a review!!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixie23 View Post
I will put up more pics as I get them!

Hi Mixie23!

Congrats on your wedding! Your pics were stunning! I read your review and now I'm a little anxious about my make up being done by the resort...I was wondering if I can have the contact info for your make-up artist Sara Tomargo if possible. Do you know if she does hair too?

Thanks in advance and congrants again, you were a beautiful bride!

Jessica

Click the image to open in full size.

HI Mixie my name is Monica and i am trying to decide what hotel to have my wedding it is out the dreams tulum or paradisus i was wondering if you could tell me what package you went with and how much your wedding cost just so i can get an idea that would be so helpful thanks so much

why did they have to pull your nail off? The same thing happened to me when I was skiing and fell and when I hit a patch of ice using my hands to shield my fall. I jammed my thumb straight into the ice and my natural nail belt at a 90 degree ankle halfway down. It was the worse pain in my life (equal to the time I tripped and ripped out a toenail!) but I never had to have my nail pulled. I just trimmed the nail as close to the bend as possible (a few days later when the pain went down) and wrapped it in a TON of gauze. Anyways, happy to hear it all ended up okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixie23 View Post
...HOWEVER, the poor girls at the salon were WAY over booked. There was another bride and her bridal party and her photographer at the salon at the same time as me making an already small space even more crowded (note to future brides at DT, perhaps leave the entourage in the room). My hair appointment was at 12pm (my wedding was at 6pm). I had a simple style, so no big deal. My maid of honors hair was supposed to be at 1pm, my mom and my fiance's daughter were at 1:30, and my grandmother at 2pm. These times were all arranged by Jennifer, their spa concierge, who I assume knows the # of staff, but seemed not to take this into consideration. Now, at 1pm I had a makeup appointment with Sol Tamargo's (of Del Sol Photography) sister Sara. I was out and back to my room in plenty of time. My MOH was scheduled for makeup at 2pm, an hour after her hair appointment. At 2:15, I sent her mom out to locate her, because I was getting a little nervous when she hadn't returned to my room for her makeup. She didn't even sit in the CHAIR until 2pm - an hour late!!! The other bride having her makeup done kept wanting it changed and redone, kept getting up to look at it in natural light, then back down in the chair for more changes, etc. Now, please understand that I totally understand you want your makeup to be perfect for your day. However the spa should have got someone else to take over (since she was clearly unhappy with the person she was supposed to work with) and fix her make up - not make my wedding party late and behind schedule! MOH finally got out of the spa at around 2:45. My mom got in the chair at 2:30, also an hour late. There was a guest of another wedding pacing around, telling my mom that she had a 2:30 appointment and essentially implying that my mom should get up and out of the chair and give her the appointment. My mom was like, uhh, well we have a wedding too, and I have been waiting an hour, so the best thing I can tell you is have a seat and wait. All of this could have been avoided if the spa had scheduled themselves either more staff, or not had so many appointments at the same time...
I am the other bride that Mixie is talking about. So, I thought I would jump in to point out that the spa definitely double-booked our parties as a warning to future DT brides. My hair and makeup appointment was at noon. The spa told me that they allotted 2 hours for my two appointments, but after reading this review, it is clear that the spa booked my stylist/makeup artist to start one of her bridesmaids at 1pm (in reality, giving me just an hour for both). This explains why they were basically giving away my chair when I got up to check out the 80s style makeup that she gave me in natural light (and why this was so confusing to me at the time).

As for the entourage, I had made manicure appointments for 4 of my friends, and can agree that it was a tight fit when they hung out after their appointments. It was probably comparable to most bridal parties who are all in there at the same time, but something to think about if you have a large bridal party for sure. This is one of the many reasons that this resort should not hold 3 weddings a day!

Beautiful pics, Mixie! I'm glad it worked out!