• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#11 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 8,569 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 09:57 PM

I probably would never even notice, but you never know. So I agree with everyone else, check with the bride or go with a different option.

#12 azulskies

azulskies
    • 1,131 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 09:59 PM

Personally, I don't get uptight with things like that so I wouldn't be offended at all! But brides are different so maybe you can ask someone who knows her a bit better? I would imagine if it's a beach wedding that it wouldn't be a big deal, especially if it's just the pants and not your shirt.

#13 FutureMrsLewis

FutureMrsLewis
      • 583 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 10:06 PM

I've seen women wear white pants all the time, especially paired with a nice colourful shirt. I wouldn't mind at all, because I'm used to seeing it. But she may be one of those who thinks any white at all is atrocious (not sure if I spelled that right lol) so I'd maybe ask around, ask family what they think. I think most brides are okay with that though. White shirts are more offensive than white pants IMO ^_^

#14 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
        • 5,649 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 11:28 PM

Color doesn't worry me as much as other things. My DH's aunt wore a super low-cut dress and her girls aren't exactly small. Those things were pushed up to her chin and when I was walking down the aisle, I saw them and did a double take....there was nothing I could do about it but I wasn't happy!! It seemed like she was trying to grab attention or something, not cool.

#15 aimee!

aimee!
          • 696 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 11:33 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by ~*Kathy*~
            Color doesn't worry me as much as other things. My DH's aunt wore a super low-cut dress and her girls aren't exactly small. Those things were pushed up to her chin and when I was walking down the aisle, I saw them and did a double take....there was nothing I could do about it but I wasn't happy!! It seemed like she was trying to grab attention or something, not cool.
            good point Kathy! i think i'd prefer white over the ultimate cleav!
            Wedding & TTD Slideshow (by Sascha Gluck)

#16 YoursTruly

YoursTruly
            • 1,097 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 12:37 PM

not at all..i think it looked great in photo opps...

#17 alkoch

alkoch
              • 515 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 12:42 PM

I have a pair of white pants and I think they would look great with a nice top as the other girls were saying. It would look very nice and summery IMO. Good luck -Maybe ask someone else you know going to the wedding

#18 shellk

shellk
                • 1,784 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 02:24 PM

i would wear white trousers thats fine but not all white i.e not white top with white trousers

#19 frazali

frazali
                  • 245 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 03:32 PM

I don't remember what my guests wore to my reception, so I obviously would be fine with it.

Whenever I have a doubt about the appropriateness of an outfit, I just end up wearing something else. I don't want to be that person at the wedding who everyone is snickering about. Not that white pants (unless you end up wearing red underwear under them) are snicker-worthy, but you know what I mean!

#20 CrystalM

CrystalM
                    • 829 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 04:03 PM

I wouldn't even notice. I'm oblivious to my surroundings. If I did happen to notice, I wouldn't care.

Is it really possible to upstage a bride? The big poofy dress, veil, flowers, hair, make-up. If someone goes through all that to go to a wedding that isn't their own, everyone else would think they lost their mind, and that is completely okay with me. Besides the white thing got started to show off how rich you were. Only the wealthy could afford to have such an impractical dress in the early 1800's
                      I have a fabulous photographer I can share in the United States Virgin Islands in late April/early MayP.M. if interested!http://img.weddingco....pvbh7hxc5u.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users