Sign in to follow this  
SandyC

Has anyone done electronic/ e-card STD's???

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has done electronic/ E-card STD's. If so what website did you use? I would like to include my DW date, AHR date and wedding website.

Any help will be appreciated!

I have an account at theknot.com and they have an option of emailing STD's. They are pretty cute. I will be following with formal (paper) invitations of course, but for STD's - emailing is perfect in my opinion. And you save a couple of trees!

I am using mywedding.com and they have a save the date/email function. I am going to send out a save the date email with the link to my website then sent the paper invites out.

We sent out an email STD with all the info and also had it on our website - we used eweddings.com - LOVED it!!!

I used an electronic STD but it was not tied into any websites or paper ones. I just did it to 1) save money, 2) I was running out of time, 3) I wanted to use fuchsia font over a black and white picture of us. I will try to email you what ours looked like if I can. Beware it will open as a full page in Microsoft Powerpoint.

We emailed our STDs as just a jpeg of the STD "card" and a little personalized note at the start of the email. The STD picture had our website on it as well. My FI found an existing STD design we liked (a French airmail letter), copied it, pasted our wording on and then posted it in emails so that it would be visible in the email body. It looked very nice, and it saves on paper waste!

Tina