Jump to content

Photo

July 2010 Brides!!


  • Please log in to reply
183 replies to this topic

#131 Janelley100

Janelley100
  • Jr. Member
  • 297 posts

    Posted 12 May 2010 - 06:24 PM

    Went to Gordman's the other night and happened upon the perfect linen shirt and pants for FI. They were $17 for shirt and $25 for pants...no joke! We found them right before heading to FI's suprise birthday party where his two best men were attending. After the party we all three drove right back over and found them in everyone's sizes. WHAT A FIND! Now we don't have to order custom shirts and everyone is happy...especially my budget! :) Yippee!!!!

    #132 tracy0716

    tracy0716
    • Jr. Member
    • 431 posts

      Posted 12 May 2010 - 06:31 PM

      That's awesome! I don't think we have that store in NJ, but if we did I'd be there right now!

      #133 Sheree10

      Sheree10
      • Sr. Member
      • 1,026 posts

        Posted 12 May 2010 - 08:08 PM

        ladies I have a question- are you doing a welcome letter/ booklet? I put together a little booklet with welcome letter, itinerary, resort info, things to do, restaurants. I've been looking for someone to design it for me and the price ranges from 2.15-4.50. I'm wondering if it's all really worth it. I know that more than half the guests will throw it away and probably won't even use the info. I know they won't even read it either.

        Should I waste all that time and energy? I have all of this stuff on our website and don't think people have even looked at it. FI thinks it's a waste and believes guests can go to the concierge to get all of the info I'm paying to give to them. Once I told him I can diy he said maybe we can just get it professionally done.

        I found these large postcards and was just thinking of putting the welcome letter on one side and maybe itinerary/wedding day instructions on the other. Then just print up things to do/ restaurants on color paper and put in welcome bag... I don't want it to look cheesy. Any thoughts? What are you doing?
        http://tickers.Ticke....03cf/event.png

        BRIDE + GROOM + 60 GUESTS!!

        #134 tracy0716

        tracy0716
        • Jr. Member
        • 431 posts

          Posted 12 May 2010 - 08:25 PM

          I've been trying to decide the same thing about our welcome letter/itinerary. I guess it really depends on how many guests you have coming and how much money you're willing to spend. I really like the idea of a postcard for your itinerary (I just might steal it). I was thinking about buying a box of blank cards and hand writing welcome letters/thank yous to our guests. I noticed you have about 55 people coming so that doesn't sound reasonable. I don't know about including all of the other info. Your FI is right, the hotel should provide that and I think most have that info in the rooms now.

          I was going to look into Staples for professionally printing our itineraries, not sure if anyone else has done this either. I can't believe we're down to 2 months and have to make these decisions!!

          #135 Leigh17

          Leigh17
          • Jr. Member
          • 339 posts

            Posted 12 May 2010 - 08:38 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Sheree10
            ladies I have a question- are you doing a welcome letter/ booklet? I put together a little booklet with welcome letter, itinerary, resort info, things to do, restaurants. I've been looking for someone to design it for me and the price ranges from 2.15-4.50. I'm wondering if it's all really worth it. I know that more than half the guests will throw it away and probably won't even use the info. I know they won't even read it either.

            Should I waste all that time and energy? I have all of this stuff on our website and don't think people have even looked at it. FI thinks it's a waste and believes guests can go to the concierge to get all of the info I'm paying to give to them. Once I told him I can diy he said maybe we can just get it professionally done.

            I found these large postcards and was just thinking of putting the welcome letter on one side and maybe itinerary/wedding day instructions on the other. Then just print up things to do/ restaurants on color paper and put in welcome bag... I don't want it to look cheesy. Any thoughts? What are you doing?
            Have you checked out vistaprint.com? You can sign up for their email list and you'll get emails for lots of stuff free (just pay shipping). I've done free brochures, postcards, etc. (even my canvas OOT bags), and they all look very professional. I uploaded my logo & put it on tons of projects. As long as you can wait 21 days for the slow shipping, the shipping is reasonably priced. I usually get about 5 items for about $5 total shipping.

            #136 Sheree10

            Sheree10
            • Sr. Member
            • 1,026 posts

              Posted 12 May 2010 - 08:59 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by tracy0716
              I've been trying to decide the same thing about our welcome letter/itinerary. I guess it really depends on how many guests you have coming and how much money you're willing to spend. I really like the idea of a postcard for your itinerary (I just might steal it). I was thinking about buying a box of blank cards and hand writing welcome letters/thank yous to our guests. I noticed you have about 55 people coming so that doesn't sound reasonable. I don't know about including all of the other info. Your FI is right, the hotel should provide that and I think most have that info in the rooms now.

              I was going to look into Staples for professionally printing our itineraries, not sure if anyone else has done this either. I can't believe we're down to 2 months and have to make these decisions!!
              Handwriting letters is a great idea! But yes, you're right it would be a difficult task for 55+ guests. lol. I found cute postcard invitations on 123print.com(50 for $20) and vistaprint. I guess that can be an option which I really like. I don't know why I create more projects for myself. I need to just keep it simple.

              I haven't been to staples yet either, maybe I can check them out and see what they can do.
              http://tickers.Ticke....03cf/event.png

              BRIDE + GROOM + 60 GUESTS!!

              #137 Sheree10

              Sheree10
              • Sr. Member
              • 1,026 posts

                Posted 12 May 2010 - 09:02 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Leigh17
                Have you checked out vistaprint.com? You can sign up for their email list and you'll get emails for lots of stuff free (just pay shipping). I've done free brochures, postcards, etc. (even my canvas OOT bags), and they all look very professional. I uploaded my logo & put it on tons of projects. As long as you can wait 21 days for the slow shipping, the shipping is reasonably priced. I usually get about 5 items for about $5 total shipping.
                That's so funny, I've had a vistaprint account for years now. I played with making a brochure and std postcard but haven't ordered any wedding related stuff from them. I just signed up to get emails... maybe I will get some free stuff.I'll take free stuff any day!
                http://tickers.Ticke....03cf/event.png

                BRIDE + GROOM + 60 GUESTS!!

                #138 nsbride2010

                nsbride2010
                • Sr. Member
                • 2,528 posts

                  Posted 15 May 2010 - 03:41 PM

                  We decided that we would do welcome books.... we are using a template from here, search for Beck's Welcome Book template or something... hers is great! It has some little info tidbits that are useful, some spanish phrases and games like sudoku! We are going to print and cut them ourselves, and have them bound by Staples for $2.00 or something...

                  Vistaprint is a good idea too!! Very inexpensive :)
                  Enjoying marital bliss since July 1st, 2010

                  #139 Sheree10

                  Sheree10
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 1,026 posts

                    Posted 15 May 2010 - 10:18 PM

                    Well I took a trip to Kinkos and spoke to a nice salesperson who answered all of my questions about creating a welcome booklet. I was even able to take home two samples of options to show FI. They're not as expensive as I thought especially since I'm going to keep it simple.

                    You all should check out vista print. I placed two orders and will get a few free items. I purchased business cards for work, 4 personalized totes(FREE- additional to remove vistaprint logo) , 2 personalized tee(free), personalized sticky pad(FREE), personalized hat(FREE) all for about $23( includes shipping!) Then as you are about to place the order it will ask if you want more items at a cheaper price- that's how I got two free bags per order.

                    The trick is to add a few items to your cart but you can't have too much free stuff or the prices change on you. But I tried a few combinations and was able to get a few free items. If you do a search for vista print coupons and click on links you can get some cool stuff. The only is that you will have to pay shipping but it works out cheaper than all the stuff you can get.

                    I'm still up in the air about if I will give out personalized oot bags so I may use these few items as "door prizes" at our welcome reception.
                    http://tickers.Ticke....03cf/event.png

                    BRIDE + GROOM + 60 GUESTS!!

                    #140 bahiabride2010

                    bahiabride2010
                    • Member
                    • 997 posts

                      Posted 16 May 2010 - 07:49 AM

                      Had a super productive DIY day with my bridesmaids yesterday! I completed alot of projects from my TO DO list! It feels great to have these things checked off:

                      - Wrapped and attached programs to Raffia Fans
                      - Wrapped ribbon around bubbles for ceremony
                      - Packed up Survival Kits - hand sanitizer, chapstick, toothpaste, lens cleaning cloths, advil, imodium, lotion, and tissues
                      - Packed up Stationary Kits - notepad, pen, keychain, sticky notes, bookmarks, postcards, picture sharing card, magnet
                      - Packed up all OOT bags and attached Thank You Letter
                      - Wrapped pashminas with ribbon - still need to attach a label

                      Up next - lose another 5-10 lbs, finalize our Meet the Guest Sheet, buy tea lights, finish sanddollar placecards, write thank you speech for the reception!




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users