July 2010 Brides!!
Posted 25 March 2010 - 07:37 PM
| Originally Posted by krista.baird |
I'm in same position as you. Only people who have booked are immediate family, some friends are currently in the process of booking (looking at prices, waiting for best price to book), and some have said they really want to come but don't know if they will be able to afford it. My thoughts are if you are 3.5 months away from wedding date and you don't think you can afford it now, will you be able to save enough in three months?? It's not really something you can book last minute even if you could save that amount. Especially since my hotel is really small and there probably won't be rooms! YIKES! May be a small wedding afterall!
Invites are out and RSVPs are due May 1. We'll see what happens.
Posted 25 March 2010 - 07:56 PM
Posted 25 March 2010 - 10:42 PM
| Originally Posted by krista.baird |
Welcome Aliceo!! How are you plans coming?
I panic when i think of all the things left to do. I wish I had a list of things I'm supposed to be thinking about. I guess I'm taking for granted that they're pretty organised down there.
One of the problem is that don't know how much they really provide, you know?
When I get a little more time (vacation at the end of next month), I'm really going to get things going....
Posted 28 March 2010 - 03:12 PM
Here's an update list of my To Do's and Still Need To Be Done:
- Talked with MC's about reception and gave them an order of events
- Purchased GM's outfits - amazing deal! Shirt and Pants for under $50!
- Helped MOB and FOB find their outfits
- Sent out Pre-departure mailing with brochure and luggage tags to confirmed guests
- Received Mugs and Bags for OOT bags
- Bought remaining goodies for OOT bags - Tylenol, Imodium, snacks, splash bombs and frisbees
- Made Tanks for my girls and the mom's to wear on the wedding morning
- Had Amazing Boudoir Shoot for my wedding gift for my honey!
- Bought dresses to wear to showers, rehearsal dinner and 70's themed bachelorette party
- Created Letter for OOT bags from VISTA
- Found my earrings and tiara
- Bought Raffia Fans for ceremony
- Did a rough seating plan
- Collected Sand Dollars in SC to use for the name cards at the reception
Still To Do:
- Plan our Rock the Reception Dance
- Make Place Cards
- Wrap the fans in ribbon
- Put together the OOT bags with labels and tags and ribbon
- Get documents translated and notarized for legal dominican wedding (can do in April...had to wait till 3 months out)
- Make table number cards and create mission impossible game for the reception
- Get dress alterations - mid May
- Find FI's wedding band
- Finalize seating plan
Wow seems like a lot but it all will get done and the day will be amazing...I just know it!
How are others going?
Posted 30 March 2010 - 08:02 PM
Found kids outfits
bought table decorations
finished ribboning fans
started welcome books
put deposit on TTD dress
finished luggage tags
make maraca tags
finish welcome books
Order FI's suit (he's procrastinating trying to lose weight)
Finish 'blinging' shirts for the girls
I think that's it!!!!! WOW. Not much left to do!
Posted 31 March 2010 - 01:18 AM
FI Name: Chin
Wedding Destination: Dreams Riviera Maya
What made you choose this destination? We needed an AI family friendly resort that would accommodate at least 20 ppl in the package!
Wedding Date: July 29
What made you choose this date? FI's best friend is having a baby in early July so we wanted him to be able to come
Have you decided on your wedding colors? If so, what are they? chocolate and light blue
What is something unique about your wedding? *i haven't figured out that part yet!!
Tell us anything else about yourself and/or your wedding: I'm Puerto Rican and he's half Korean and we're trying to incorporate both cultures in our wedding
Posted 03 April 2010 - 08:28 PM
*Started premarital counseling
*Invites sent out w/ May 1 RSVP
*Shopping w/ moh and mom & ordered their dresses
*Bd pics taken
* found location for welcome event
* tried out a new hair stylist to get ideas
*put together ideas for welcome brochure( still need to design)
Posted 03 April 2010 - 08:32 PM
| Originally Posted by cathyandchin |
Just want to send a little shout out to all the teachers on this thread!!
I bet you'll be relieved when school is out to go into hardcore wedding mode, right??
I'm not a teacher but I work in a school and I can't wait until the school year is over!! I thought about working part time this summer but I think I'm going to take a break and focus on the wedding.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users