July 2010 Brides!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheree10 View Post
Well... Hello Sorors!! How exciting to find you both here...I'm planning an Aruban wedding. It would be funny if I too decided on the Bahamas. lol

Yeah Sorors!! How funny!!!

Creole...we will overlap...I will bethere starting the 7th. I am very impressed with just how much youhave already done...makes me feel like a sloth!! LOL

Sheree...I love Aruba...what a wonderful destination....had you decided to come to the Bahamas too....Deltas would have SURELY been in the house!!!

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another Soror! Yea, it would be funny if you came to the Bahamas! They actually have a chapter in Nassau, so I'm sure we'll see some Bahamian Sorors!

Classadiva, we may cross paths since we plan to do some activities at Atlantis! Don't feel like a sloth, my husband says my organization is borderline excessive lol.. I even have a budget line for undergarments lol..

Hola!

FI Name: Ro

Wedding Destination: Cancun, Mexico

What made you choose this destination? Went here a few months ago and it was paradise! All-inclusive deal is a great way to convince your guests that it will work with their budget.

Wedding Date: Monday, July 12, 2010

What made you choose this date? Bleh...all the weekends were booked in late June/early July. I figure it doesn't matter that the wedding is on a Monday since we'll all be on vacation anyway!

Have you decided on your wedding colors? If so, what are they? tbd

What is something unique about your wedding?

Tell us anything else about yourself and/or your wedding: Just super excited to be with our family and friends in paradise!

• 2 weeks later...

Name:Jo

FI Name:Lee

Wedding Destination:Moon Palace

What made you choose this destination?Great Resort

Wedding Date:7-10-10

What made you choose this date? it was only date available

Have you decided on your wedding colors? If so, what are they? Pink and orange

What is something unique about your wedding? huh.gif

Tell us anything else about yourself and/or your wedding: Super excited!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey July brides....when are you guys thinking of sending out your invites and by what date will you ask your guests to RSVP? I was thinking I would send out invites in early March and have an RSVP date at the very end of May. Does that sound right or is early March too early to send out invites for a July wedding? What are you guys doing?

My plan was to send my invites out in January or February with a RSVP deadline of May 1, with a couple of reminders in between. I'm unsure if that would be to early for a July wedding. Even though I sent save-the-date magnets, I still don't want people to forget, but I don't want people to wait too late, because some many not start making plans until they get their invite... I dunno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by creoletexan View Post
My plan was to send my invites out in January or February with a RSVP deadline of May 1, with a couple of reminders in between. I'm unsure if that would be to early for a July wedding. Even though I sent save-the-date magnets, I still don't want people to forget, but I don't want people to wait too late, because some many not start making plans until they get their invite... I dunno.
Hmmn....I hadn't thought about sending mine out that early. All of the info about how to book, etc is on our website. They got the website address in early November with the STD's....I feel like they know they can book now if they choose too...also...I don't want to be a nudge!! LOL

I do like the idea of sending reminders....

Name: Chelle

FI Name: Todd

Wedding Destination: Moon Palace, Cancun, Mexico

What made you choose this destination? We were originally booked for the Excellence Playa Muejeres. However, after several teenagers in both of our families pitched a fit at the "Adults Only" part of the resort...we switched to MP. We had friends who got married at MP and thought they were in heaven their entire time.

Wedding Date: July 17, 2010 @ 1pm

What made you choose this date? We wanted Saturday. July was exactly 1 year from becoming engaged....so we picked from there.

Have you decided on your wedding colors? If so, what are they? Black, White & Aqua

What is something unique about your wedding? My "something Old" is a tiny pair of skulls that have been hanging on a leather strand from my fiance's jeep rear view mirror for years. I am having them attached on the ribbon that runs through the corset in the back of my dress. They will dangle from the there. I thought it was sentimental!

Tell us anything else about yourself and/or your wedding:

I have three little kids (2 yr, 5yr, 9yr) from a previous marriage....this is a "3rd times the charm" wedding. This will be my first ever "wedding" and it will be IT! I am not much into planning every tiny little detail....but I understand new first time brides who do! I am just at a different point in my life. :) Howevr, one thing very important to me is my 9 year old will be riding in the horse drawn carriage with me to the gazebo. Something special for just her and I!

Congrats everyone!

Name: Jessica

FI Name: James

Wedding Destination: Paradisus Punta Cana

What made you choose this destination? We've always wanted to go to Punta Cana and I've always wanted a destination wedding. It took a little convincing for my FI, but he came around..lol

Wedding Date: July 17, 2010

What made you choose this date? I wanted a date near our anniversay (7/25) and it was the closest saturday that was available.

Have you decided on your wedding colors? Fuchsia and orange

What is something unique about your wedding?

Tell us anything else about yourself and/or your wedding:

Quote:
Originally Posted by classadiva View Post
Hmmn....I hadn't thought about sending mine out that early. All of the info about how to book, etc is on our website. They got the website address in early November with the STD's....I feel like they know they can book now if they choose too...also...I don't want to be a nudge!! LOL

I do like the idea of sending reminders....
I will be sending out invites the first week in March with RSVPs for May 1. I already sent out STD's in August and a travel letter in October with all of the booking info. The invites are just to get the count of those who are coming.