Photo

Help! What time of year is best for a Riveria Maya wedding??

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 soon2BMrs.Prince

soon2BMrs.Prince
  • 212 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 02:22 PM

Hi ladies,

Does the best time of year to get married in the Riveria Maya exist? I may just be paranoid, but originally I thought I wanted to get married next June, but since that decision I've read about Mexico weather & its seasons and I now realize that June falls in the rainy and humid season.

This is just the beginning of my planning and it's already starting to be a little stressful, ugghhh! Please help, any comments / suggestions

-Nancy

#2 JOSIE

JOSIE
    • 1,792 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 02:34 PM

I think the best time weather wise is Dec-April.... I believe the month with the lowest precipitation is Feb. I have weather graphs on my website (listed in my sig) if you want to check them out!

#3 PaulSchrank

PaulSchrank
      • Vendor
      • 237 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 02:50 PM

October, November and early December are the best for weather. The ocean is still warm but the temperature drops. It's also low season before Dec. 15th so many prices are lower. January and February can get cold at night so do an indoor reception, not a beach reception. We always get a cold spell here that freaks the tourists out every year during this time. I think it's the most unpredictable. March and April are really busy but the weather is good and May is great for weddings, June is good too but getting warm in the daytime, the nights are perfect. July and August are too hot.

#4 MarieSam

MarieSam
        • VIP Member
        • 2,336 posts
          • LocationSouthern California

Posted 20 July 2009 - 05:11 PM

I think June is a great month!! I got married at the end of June and the weather could not have been more perfect Beautiful days and breezy yet warm nights, perfect water temps.

#5 Blkatz

Blkatz
          • 1,025 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 05:24 PM

we got married the first weekend in May and the weather was great. It was warm during the day without being too hot and there was a great breeze everyday from the ocean. The nights were nice and not too hot. Ocean was very warm

#6 Ginalyn

Ginalyn
            • 2,754 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 05:29 PM

December and January can get expensive because its high tourist season. I was intially considering January for my wedding but we thought it was going to be a little too expensive for our guests.

I agree with MarieSam - I wouldn't take June out of consideration. I got married in mid-June and the weather was hot but manageable because there was always a breeze. It did rain a couple times during my 10 day stay but the rain lasted for 15 minutes and was gone.

#7 spatzle

spatzle
              • 36 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 09:44 PM

I am also getting married in June 2010 but possibly changing to december because of my family...

I think June is a great month, sunset is around 7:30 pm. so you have enough day light for photos!

#8 Jennybell1

Jennybell1
                • 661 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 04:25 PM

Just remember that the "rainy" season is May-Dec. I used to work in the Mayan with part of a touring company and I would have to say from experience of working there for 5 yrs......Oct-Dec were the worst for bad weather. The best time to be there for weather is Jan-Mar. Thats why its more expensive to book then. Hope this helps!

#9 LeNell

LeNell
                  • 212 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 04:27 PM

Im getting married at dreams tulum in may 2010 as of rigt now the rates are pretty good
                    Tristan and Lenell 2010

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users