Woven Palm Bags

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 cjaruba

cjaruba
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 01:37 PM

Hi All --

I'm working on finding a bag for my OOT bags. I started out looking at these but they're backordered til 2010:
    Palm Leaf Shoulder Bag : Unique Wedding Favors - Wedding Reception Favors - Bridal Shower Favors

I also read a review from another bride that ordered the above bags and said they were really poor quality and instead recommended the Lauhala bags below:

Welcome to Ailana Kai

I love this style, but I'd kind of like something a little bigger that would work well as a beach tote. Does anyone know of any? Or do you think this is big enough for the beach since towels are provided on the beach by the hotel?

Also, once upon a time I saw similar woven visors for ladies - has anyone seen anything like that? They looked similar to the bags but a finer weave and might have been a raffia or something.

Thanks so much for your help.
    Aruba Bride to Be, Fall 09
    www.ourarubawedding.com

#2 azulskies

azulskies
    • 1,131 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 03:16 PM

I think those palm leaf bags are sooo cute but I don't think we're gonna go with them for the same reason you're thinking...I don't think they're big enough for beach towels. But I haven't seen them in person, so maybe someone else can help you more.

As for the visors, is this sorta what you're talking about?
      Visor: Blue

#3 H&F

H&F
      • 361 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 06:44 PM

I got my handle palm leaf bags from FavorsandFlowers.com

They look cuter on the website but are still nice in person. I don't have a pic but I'll try to take one later for you.

#4 cjaruba

cjaruba
        • 28 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 11:04 PM

Yes, that visor is definitely the idea! That one looks a little long, but definitely a material like that.

I haven't seen FavorsandFlowers.com yet... I'll check it out. Thanks!
          Aruba Bride to Be, Fall 09
          www.ourarubawedding.com

#5 mexicana bride

mexicana bride
          • 165 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 11:43 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by cjaruba
            Hi All --

I'm working on finding a bag for my OOT bags. I started out looking at these but they're backordered til 2010:
            Palm Leaf Shoulder Bag : Unique Wedding Favors - Wedding Reception Favors - Bridal Shower Favors

I also read a review from another bride that ordered the above bags and said they were really poor quality and instead recommended the Lauhala bags below:

Welcome to Ailana Kai

I love this style, but I'd kind of like something a little bigger that would work well as a beach tote. Does anyone know of any? Or do you think this is big enough for the beach since towels are provided on the beach by the hotel?

Also, once upon a time I saw similar woven visors for ladies - has anyone seen anything like that? They looked similar to the bags but a finer weave and might have been a raffia or something.

Thanks so much for your help.
            Hi.
            I'm getting our bags from here, Large Palm Leaf Welcome Bags*::*Welcome Bags*::*Favor Boxes, Bags & More*::*Destination Wedding Favors
            Haven't ordered them yet, but they look way too good to pass (for me anyways). I don't think they need to be big, as towels will be provided by the resorts, and nobody cares them around for long there anyways, just to change for a clean one. The way I figure it the bigger the bag, the more we have to put in it. Hope this helps :)

#6 courtney_b00

courtney_b00
            • 417 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 12:33 AM

All those bags are so cute! I haven't seen any like those so thanks for the websites.

#7 jojo194

jojo194
              • 205 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 10:51 AM

Thanks for the websites. All the bags look so cute. I would love to do bags like those, but am kind of limited with money and the number of people we have coming. However the Ailana Kai bags are pretty good price wise and are definitely unique. Thanks for all the websites!

#8 OchieBride

OchieBride
                • 109 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 10:36 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by mexicana bride
                  Hi.
                  I'm getting our bags from here, Large Palm Leaf Welcome Bags*::*Welcome Bags*::*Favor Boxes, Bags & More*::*Destination Wedding Favors
                  Haven't ordered them yet, but they look way too good to pass (for me anyways). I don't think they need to be big, as towels will be provided by the resorts, and nobody cares them around for long there anyways, just to change for a clean one. The way I figure it the bigger the bag, the more we have to put in it. Hope this helps :)
                  These look really nice! Can you let me know the quality once you've ordered them?

#9 Bride121209

Bride121209
                  • 28 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 09:17 AM

Aklani bags are really cute and affordable I think I'm going to go with them

#10 IMPPEARL

IMPPEARL
                    • 336 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 10:22 AM

Check out this website, I haven't ordered yet but there are a TONE to choose form at various price ranges, there are however min orders...

wholesale handbag, Beach bags , Purchase wholesale , Gift bag, Shopping online, made in indonesia
                      Need an Amazing Photographer? Phil Steingard and his colleagues are great!http://www.steingardstudios.com/
                      http://www.michaelsteingard.com/
                      http://www.jamiedimitry.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users