Wedding enhancements- book now?!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 avb1983

• 82 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 06:22 AM

Okay so I recieved this email from my wedding coordinator:

"While going through your file I noticed that you have not added any upgrades or enhancements to your event. All wedding services such as reception (if guest attending), professional photos, spa services, etc. should be booked at this time in order to ensure the services."

I have heard we do not really have to book for photography, spa services, etc. until we are there and it ends up being cheaper when we are there?

Please tell me what you have done as previous brides or what you are planning to do if you are getting married soon?! What do we book ahead of time and what can wait? What are we expected to pay for ahead of time, and what can wait?

Please help! THANKS!!

#2 *Meagan*

• 5,521 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 06:52 AM

Even though I am not staying where you are booked, I think a lot of us run into this same issue. I booked some of mine ahead of time. And the rest I was told I could book 30-60 priors to arrival to make sure of def. head count etc. The things I have booked ahead of time are excursions, spa treatments, and a candle lit dinner for two on the beach.

As for the other things I cant really book the reception until I know how many people will be coming etc. And they typically want it paid in full whenever you do decide to book anything.

#3 avb1983

• 82 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 07:11 AM

future mrs2010- the candle lit dinner for 2- is that the one they provide for free with the wedding package?

#4 *Meagan*

• 5,521 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 01:05 AM

Not that I believe if so.. I paid like $260 for it and wasnt suppose too!!

#5 avb1983

• 82 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 01:57 AM

hmmm...now I'm curious because we are suppose to recieve a private dinner for 2 during the week that we are there

#6 jamaicabride09

• 856 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 10:18 PM

Hey Amber,

I plan on booking the reception, DJ, flowers for the ceremony, my hair and makeup appointments ahead of time. I am going to wait and do the chair covers, centerpieces (candle option) and additional excursions once I get there.

What are your plans?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users