Sign in to follow this  
cheeks75

Hello All

I'm not sure, but I think the moon palace might be more than you want your guests to spend.

But I wouldn't worry about bad reviews on TripAdvisor. I've seen several bad reviews for places that I've ended up loving. I swear, those reviewers are the whiniest lot I've come across.

If you want nightlife, your best bet is somewhere in Cancun for the RM. It's not happening too much on the rest of that coast. Playa del Carmen is much, much quieter, but you can go out to bars there at night.

Hi welcome!! Have you looked into Dreams resorts? They seem to be a good mix of adult and kid friendly.

Oh, also I think Moon Palace is going to be higher than you'd like. I was there over New Years last year and spent 1950/person... but keep in mind that is their busiest time of year

Welcome! I think there should be plenty of resorts in the RM area where you can stay within the $1,000 a person budget. You can almost stay at the Azul Blue hotel for $1,000 a person for only three nights!

Thanks for everyone's help. I am definitely checking on the resorts that were recommended. Once you pick your resort, does everything seem to flow easier or is this just step 1?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeks75 View Post
Thanks for everyone's help. I am definitely checking on the resorts that were recommended. Once you pick your resort, does everything seem to flow easier or is this just step 1?
YES, picking the venue is half the battle. Trust me, it took me 8 months to decide on a local vs DW and where we would have it.smile43.gif Everything else will fall into place once you have the date and location picked. Good luck and happy planning!!